I did it! There were times that I began to question as to whether I would make it or not. When I made my list in the beginning I tried to include things that were feasible to complete. This list of tasks was more challenging than I expected it to be. I was determined to be successful though. I linked my last recipe to our family site at 2:45 am this morning which is the time I was born. :) There are a number of items on the list that I need to continue to practice, but this challenge introduced me to some new talents to develop. It's been fun. Our family recipes will continue to be a work in progress as we add to it over the years. I have a few more recipes that I'd like to work on adding to it right away.
As I reflected on my list and coming to its close, I had mixed emotions about it. I'm definitely ready for a break from making goals for myself for a bit. On the other hand, I think I've enjoyed the challenge that this provided.
Thank you to all those that helped me along the way.
- Learn how to French braid
- Completed on Thursday, March 14, 2013
![]() |
| myself |
![]() |
| Jody |
- Stay in a hotel for no particular reason.
- Completed on Monday, July 9, 2012
- See Hotel Stay Just Because post
- Try a new restaurant
- Completed on Friday, February 22, 2013
- I went to Lone Star Taqueria and tried fish tacos. They were pretty good.
- Try Zumba
- Completed on Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Don't quit piano lessons
- I started lessons on May 10, 2012. I've only had ten lessons, but it's what I can do right now, and it's a lot better than not doing it at all.
- Plan a family reunion
- Completed with success on Saturday, May 26, 2012
- See It's the Relationships in This Life That Count post
- Drive through the mountains in the Fall
- Completed on the first day of fall, September 22, 2012
- See Off Track Adventures post
- Try 30 new recipes 1) Feta Topped Chicken 4/27 2) *Spinach Artichoke California Pizza Kitchen Dip Copycat 4/29 3) Slow Cooker Green Chile-Chicken Enchilada Casserole 4) Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing 5/6 5) *Raspberry Lemonade Cake 5/11 6) Salt and Vinegar Chex Mix 5/11 7) Mango Upside Down Cake 6/9 8) *Grilled Cheese Tomato Soup 6/11 9) *Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes 6/17 10) *Strawberry-Brown Butter Banana Bread 6/19 11) *Triple Berry Brownie 7/4 12) *BLT Tossed Salad 7/6 13) *Baked Peaches 9/8 14) *Peach Layered Dessert 9/13 15) Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes 9/26 16) *Creamy Guacamole 10/14 17) Paradise Pumpkin Pie 11/21 18) *Banana Cream Pie 11/21 19) *Black Bottom Ice Cream Pie 11/22 20) Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos 12/2 21) Cheese Wontons 12/22 22) Blueberry Crumble Pie 12/24 23) *Candyland Peppermint Pie 12/24 24) Pizza Cupcakes 1/5 25) *Mini Chicken Potpies 1/6 26) Dole Whip 1/6 27) Twice Baked Potato Casserole 1/22 28) *Mandarin Chicken 2/3 29) *Homemade 3 Musketeers 30) *Seared Chicken with Lime Avocado Dressing 2/24
- See Yummy 17 of 30 post for more details
CONTINUE TO PART #2



No comments:
Post a Comment