Sunday, September 30, 2012

Off Track Adventures

These last three weeks of off track time has provided great opportunity to greatly reduce my to do list, cross off a number of items on my 30 by 30 list, catch up on work, and enjoy some other adventures along the way.  The first adventure of off track time was that of the Greek Festival of which I already blogged about.
September 10 and 11 brought a fun opportunity to visit Brigham to attend the open house.  It was a wonderful experience to see the gorgeous art that is displayed as well as take in the great detail that was put into the temple itself.  What a great reminder of the Lord's love of His children as he has provided such beautiful places fulled with service opportunities where we may go to partake of the Spirit.




The next day, September 12, marked three years since I took my endowment out at the Salt :Lake Temple.  So one of my 30 by 30 tasks was to attend a session at the Salt Lake Temple on September 12 to celebrate.  I was able to share this with someone pretty special to me and was grateful to enjoy the spirit of the temple once again.

That Friday, September 14, provided an opportunity to compete another item on my 30 by 30 list, a task that I had put off for too long and was beginning to worry if I would get it done in time.  I was able to attend my first outdoor concert, Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband.  It was held at Thanksgiving Point and was a great concert.  We got there late and left early avoiding the crowds which I greatly appreciated!

Great picture...I know!
That Sunday marked my much needed trip to California!  After church, I packed up and was on my way.  We got to California just around midnight Utah time.  I was able to enjoy the beach, see the Newport Beach Temple (it's a gorgeous temple), have a nice dinner at Cheesecake Factory, and meet up with my family that night.  That was probably the most relaxing day of the trip.



The next two days were spent at Disneyland and California Adventure.  It was fun, but different as I had never gone with such a big group before, and there were more things to take into account than I'm used to.  I'm afraid I might've scared off any of them from going with me again.  The wait times were reasonable with the exception of Radiator Springs which was 80 minutes..  We waited in most lines no more than 20 or 25  minutes.  Space Mountain was just a 10 minute wait.  How I do love Disneyland at Halloween time!  Despite the fact that I had been to the parks for 31 visits before this, I did experience a first time event at the park on this visit!







That following Saturday, the first day of fall, September 22, allowed for a drive up Provo Canyon to take in the awesome fall colors and cross off another task on my 30 by 30 list.  It was breath taking and a great reminder of the beautiful creations the Lord has given us to enjoy.



This past week allowed for me to play catch up.  I got a lot done on my to do list and did a lot for work in hopes that I will feel more on top of things.  I was even able to cross off one more task on my 30 by 30 list and make goody plates just because.  That was pretty fun!



Well, I'm hoping this break has been good to me and will give me the energy to push forward until December.  I'm pretty excited to have the whole month of December off to enjoy my favorite, the Christmas season!  Now that I feel more caught up with work, my new goal is to not work on work things on Saturdays any more!

No comments:

Background