Sunday, October 7, 2012

Inventory of My Life

This past week has been kind of tough.  It's one of those times in life where I've been down on myself and not feeling like I'm doing much of any good right now.  We all have those time, at least, I think we do.  There are a number of contributing factors.  Therefore, I was super grateful for General Conference and the reminder of my Heavenly Father's love for me.  There were two quotes that stood out to me today.  President Eyring said, "We can't insist on our timetable when the Lord has his own."  That is tough.  I must remain patient and realize that the Lord knows best and what He has in mind must be far greater than what I think I want.  I must stay faithful, live righteously, and trust that the Lord will provide.  My desires are righteous, but I must find joy in the here and now.  This leads into the second quote that stood out to me.  President Monson stated, "The Lord is in all of our lives.  He wants to bless us.  He wants us to seek His help.  As He guides us and directs us and as He hears and answers our prayers, we will find the happiness here and now that He desires for us."  Therefore, I must pray in faith and know that the Lord will bless me when the timing is right.  This is so much easier said than done, but I will continue to find strength in my faith and testimony.
I would now like to take the challenge from our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, to record an inventory of those things that I am grateful for....
  • I have a job that allows me to find purpose and meet my financial obligations.
  • I enjoy sharing my heart and love with others through service and words.
  • My mom is my best friend.
  • I have a healthy body with no physical impairments.
  • I find pleasure in organization and producitivity.
  • The Lord has entrusted me to work with the Young Women in my calling.
  • I have a nice car to get me where I need to go.
  • There are a number of temples in close proximity allowing me to make weekly trips.
  • I have friends to lean on and support me through tough times.  They do an excellent job of helping me feel loved.
  • I was able to attend college twice earning both a Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree.
  • I love math.
  • I like cooking and baking.  I have fun trying new things.
  • I desire to better myself.
  • I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be the only true church. 
  • I live in a comfortable home with modern day technology.
  • I know how to love with my whole heart.
  • I have had the opportunity to take fun trips with friends and family.
  • I find purpose in life because of my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
These are a number of things that I'm grateful for, but in no way is all inclusive.  I just wanted to share a few at this time.

No comments:

Background