Sunday, October 28, 2012

Don't Let Someone You Love Question If They're Loved

Confidence...what is it?  I have reflected on this the last little bit.  I have been told I'm confident by someone, and then told  by someone else that I should be more confident.  As I've thought about it, I've realized that no one is 100% confident.  Some people are just more confident than others, but we all have areas that stand in need of improvement.  It's interesting because this week has brought moments of both ends of my confidence spectrum.  

Where am I confident?
I feel quite confident as far as my physical appearance is concerned at the moment.  I still want to lose some more weight, but I can actually look at pictures of myself and think that I'm skinny.  It's weird.  :)  It's really nice to run into people that I haven't seen in some time to be told I look really good.  So for your "pleasure", I have included two pictures just to show you how much better I look than just fifteen months ago.  The first picture was taken this past September and the second picture was taken in June 2011.  I'm feeling really good about this accomplishment.



I feel quite confident in my spiritual habits.  I do a pretty good job of reading the scriptures, writing in my journal, and attending the temple regularly.  I feel that I'm spending a greater amount of time in the scriptures compared to my old habit of just 15 minutes a day.  It helps that I'm trying to make my goal of reading the entire standard works by the end of the year.
I feel confident in sharing my knowledge and expertise in teaching.  I feel that I have a decent amount of experience that hopefully someone else can find benefit from.
I feel confident in dealing with other adults.  I used to be intimidated by other adults especially when it came to my students' parents.  Yet, I have found myself stating my beliefs in a more confident manner and guess what?!  The parents value my input.  It's great!

Where do I need more confidence?
I need to believe in myself all of the time no matter what others say and do.  There's no way to please everyone and make them like you all of the time.  I can only do my best and hope that others see my good intentions.  I have to have faith in myself and not over think matters in a way that I work up a situation into something that's not the case.  This is hard, definitely easier said than done.
I am a person that loves with my whole heart.  While most of you may see this as a good thing, I have found that there has been times that this has lead to disappointment and heart break.  There have been a few in my life that I have loved, and it hasn't been returned in the same manner as it was given.  So there are times that I want to hesitate to share my heart in hopes of keeping it "safe", but have found that this is impossible for me to do.
So I ask that if I share my heart with you that you be careful with it and know that I will love you unconditionally.  I will tell you on a regular basis that I love you.  I will shower you with gifts and service.  And all I ask in return is that you let me love you.  Let me tell you.  Let me be there for you.  I want to feel needed.  Just be sure to tell me you love me and that you think about me too.
So I end with a challenge to you all.  Begin today to share your love with those you truly love.  Tell them.  Make sure they know you think of them.  Your affection doesn't have to cost you anything.  Use your words.  Don't let someone you love question if they're loved!

No comments:

Background