Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Vow to Remain Faithful

So anyone that really knows me can tell you what the biggest desire of my heart is right now. There is nothing I want more than to have a family of mine own one day.  To be honest with you, I would like it to be sooner than later.  This is definitely a trial of my patience and faith.  I have read my Patriarchal blessing which makes a statement in such a way that I believe it will happen in this life.  I know that we are told that we may have to wait for the next life for this blessing, but the way it is stated has me to believe it will happen in my Earth life.  Additionally, I have had this feeling confirmed to me as I've sat in the temple.
So about a week and a half ago, I came to a great realization.  We've all been in a situation where we have ourselves or heard someone else make a statement, and then say knock on wood.  It's the superstitious belief that if we say something that it will have a direct result on the occurrence of an event.  We want to send good vibes out into the universe to increase the odds of something happening.  My realization that I came to was that I must do all in my power to remain faithful that my desire will be met in this life.  I believe that I must make a commitment to remain positive.  I am making a promise to myself and my Heavenly Father that I will not make statements such as, "I'm never going to get married."  Since making this commitment, I have only slipped once, but caught myself.  I don't see it as a superstitious act, but instead I feel that making statements such as these show my lack of faith.  I will remain positive which I know in turn will show my Heavenly Father that I can be faithful and patient despite how difficult it may be at times.  Since making this commitment, I have already felt the positive impact it has had on me and my life perspective.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You have always been an amazing example of being positive and having faith. Thank you for sharing things that are so personal. It helps us all determine to be a little better too.

Background