Sunday, September 9, 2012

Greek Festival Fun


 So I made it to the Greek Festival this year and better yet, I had a date to go along with me.  The Greek Festival is yet another task completed on my 30 by 30 list.  It was a fun experience.  We got in line for food when we got there to realize that we had stood in line for dessert.  So we decided to eat dessert first while we waited in line for our lunch which worked out nicely because we ended up waiting in line for 30 minutes.  We had a nice meal which was kind of pricey, but it left us very full.  We enjoyed watching the dancers perform.  I was quite impressed with how strong their legs must have to be to complete some of the moves.  As I looked through the brochure, I noticed two things.  The first was in the section discussing the Greeks and wine.  It told of how the Greeks would water down their wine because nothing is good in too much excess.  It made me laugh.  So if I drink some extra water with my large fry, then I'm okay?!  The second thing that I contemplated was the fact that Budweiser is a sponsor of the Greek festival.  All of the proceeds go to the church.  So it took me kind of by surprise to see a church activity being sponsored by a beer company.  I guess I've been raised in such a way that those two things just don't seem like they should ever be related to one another.  I am so grateful to belong to a church where we really support our own cause for the most part.  We don't have to rely on outward worldly sources to keep us running.  This is just a reminder of my gratitude of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the one and only true church. 


No comments:

Background