Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hotel Stay Just Because

So Mom, Dad, and Josiah left for Trek this past Monday and would be gone until late Wednesday.  So this provided a great opportunity to check off another item on my 30 by 30 list, staying in a hotel for no particular reason.  So I decided to surprise the girls.  I packed their bags and put them in my car without the girls seeing.  I picked the girls up and told them I would get them a treat.  Then, I had to run an errand.  Finally, when I drove into the hotel parking lot, the girls thought I was just turning around.  They mentioned how big the hotel was, and Jody said that it would be fun to stay in a hotel for fun.  They didn't believe me when I told them we were staying.  They were quite surprised to find it was for real and that I had packed their bags and had them in the trunk.  So we checked in, brought our bags in, and settled into our room.  Then, we decided to go for a swim.  It was quite warm outside, and it felt really nice. 


The night's activities included facials, showering, pizza, painting nails, and watching numerous movies.  We didn't get to bed until around 1:30.  The girls were quite giggly. 


So the next morning, the girls got me to go swimming again.  :)  It was cooler outside which made it harder to get into the pool, but the hot tub was more inviting.  I think the girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and I had a good time too.



No comments:

Background