Sunday, September 18, 2016

August 2016 Happenings

Now I'm catching up, but at least it's just for last month. :)

We started off the month by purchasing a vehicle with Joe. His car broke down in May, and we tried the one car thing for a while. Although with me going back to work, we needed two vehicles.

We had a family friend (who we knew when we lived in Maryland) in town. She wanted to get a group together to surprise my mom with going out to lunch. We had a wonderful time reminiscing about our adventures in Maryland.

I was able to create a lamp for Samuel's room, and I was happy with how it turned out.

My first shower was on the 6th thrown by my friend Jen. It was a friend shower. I had a nice time visiting with those that came.

My first doctor appointment this month showed that Samuel is measuring right on and had a heartbeat of 124.

We had a fun family outing on the 11th. It began with a 3-D ultrasound of Samuel. He was stubborn at first as he put his hands and feet in front of his face, but luckily he moves a whole lot. He has some chubby cheeks and big lips. After the ultrasound we went downtown to walk through the new church history exhibit at the church history museum followed up with viewing one of the Meet the Mormons segments. It was fitting that is was about sending a missionary out with Josiah just leaving.



The 13th brought my second baby shower. It was my family shower. Jess hosted it at her house with Mom helping. We enjoyed visiting, playing some games, and eating some tasty treats. I was so grateful for the thoughtfulness put into it all. The decorations were Mickey and very fitting.











I finished the baby room! I am so happy with how it turned out. I'll wait to share pictures as I'm waiting for one more addition.

We celebrated my youngest sister, Julia's birthday at Texas Roadhouse. She is quite the fun addition to our family.


The 23rd brought the first day of my 13th year of teaching. They seem to be a pretty good bunch which will be a nice break after some hard groups. The next day was Michael's and Alison's first days of school.


My second doctor appointment this month showed that Samuel is continuing to do well with a heartbeat of 136. That same evening we were able to enjoy celebrating my first sister, Jess' birthday. She brings a lot of spunk and fun to our family.

Pregnancy brain moment of the month....I mailed a birthday card to my sister in law to come home one day to find that it had been returned to us. With a little further observation, I realized I had put the addresses in the wrong spots and had addressed it to us. Oh boy!

Baby Bump Pictures
31 weeks
32 weeks
33 weeks
34 weeks

No comments:

Background