As I was reflecting about what to write today...the power of compliments came to mind. This has been a tough week for a few reasons. One reason was that I feel quite overwhelmed with everything that I need to get done right now. My to do lists feel never ending. Work was especially rough because I feel like I have so much to do and things just keep being added to my plate. I am feeling like I can't meet all of the demands of this job. It's hard. It was interesting because three of my kids gave me compliments between Thursday and Friday: "You look nice Ms. Elmer", "You're fun", and "I like your pants". It's as if they could sense that I was really struggling with the job of teaching. It definitely made me feel a little better.
Today at church, I enjoyed listening to one of our young women give a very thoughtful closing prayer. I realized that she does so on a regular basis and felt that she needed to know this. As a result, I decided to let her know this so that the other girls could hear as well. Then, later I made sure to let her mom know. We have so much in the world to bring us down and make us feel we aren't worth much. Therefore, I see this as a perfect opportunity to overcome this evil. God wants us to feel good about ourselves and uplift others. Take every opportunity you can to give positive uplifting compliments to others around you. In the long run, I think it will even help you feel better about yourself.
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment