Sunday, January 20, 2013

In Tune with my Blessings

I am coming to find out the importance of recognizing my blessings in life. Thanksgiving provided a great opportunity to regularly count my blessings. Then, life got busy, and I didn't take as much time to think of my blessings. Today has brought some time to reflect on some blessings from this previous week. Some are more simple while others are bigger in nature. I will just list a few that I can recall right now.

  • I am enjoying my goal of reading for fun on a regular basis despite the fact that it's kept me up later some nights. :) 
  • I was able to receive insight about a relationship from an outside source.
  • I am finding rewards in practicing the piano more frequently.
  • I was able to get subs for three days this week at work while I was home with Jules who was sick two of the days, and I wasn't feeling well.
  • I have enjoyed my remote start for my car in this freezing cold weather.
  • I had a training after work this week that ended early.
  • I was surprised with a phone call from someone that I care about, and we had a nice lengthy conversation. 
  • I was able to get a new phone this week!
  • I was completing a service yesterday and thought I made too much of something. It turned out that I forgot I was in charge of a handout for the Young Women and was able to use the extras to provide a handout.
  • I have enjoyed taking time to do something fun each week especially as I am trying to get so much on my to do lists done right now.
  • We had a beautiful musical number played on the piano today. It was my favorite hymn, "Nearer My God to Thee."
It has been a good week filled with the Lord's hand in my life. I've struggled with a part of my life and thought a lot about it. It's tough for me right now, but it helps to take time and see that the Lord does love me. I must remember this and remain hopeful that He knows best and my time will come.

No comments:

Background