Sunday, January 6, 2013

Out With the Old...

Another year has come and gone.  It's quite hard to believe as time really does fly by nowadays.  I thought I would devote this post to my highlights of 2012.  At the beginning of the year, I set fifteen goals.  I am a very goal oriented person.  It gives me something to work toward, and I would say that I pretty driven.  So when I set goals, I really try to meet them.  I met a number of my goals, but those that I didn't meet have helped me in setting my goals for 2013.  I will share some of those goals in next week's post.  So here are some of my highlights.      
Spiritual Highlights
-I was able to attend the temple on a weekly basis.  This marked the second year in a row of doing so.  I have attended the temple for 104 weeks in a row.  I am very grateful to live in Utah which allowed for me to attend another temple in close proximity if another one was closed.
-I was called as first counselor in the young women presidency.  I was quite excited to receive this call and have enjoyed working with the other leaders and the girls.  They are all amazing.
-At the end of the year, I was given the opportunity to go and clean the temple.  It gave me a whole other perspective of the temple and the hard work that goes into keeping this holy place so pure.
-I had set the goal to read the entire Standard Works.  It proved to be quite the challenge, but I did it.  I loved when I came across scriptures that provided personal strength and reassurance.  I enjoyed attending the temple and hearing phrases and words that I had read in the scriptures.
Social Highlights
-This year provided more opportunity for dating and relationships than I would have imagined if asked at the beginning of the year.  It provided for more than one relationship....let's just say I believe it provided the opportunity for three relationships.  I've had my heart broken, but I am still pushing forward in hopes of finding my prince among the frogs.
-I went on two dates in one night and will take this as my claim to fame.  :)
-I went on second date with a guy six years after the first.  There's a part of me that wishes I had done so earlier, but realize that timing must be a factor and there is a reason behind it.
-I came to realize that I have a number of friends that really do love me, and even if they're married, I can still have good relationships with them.
Career Highlights
-In February, I received a Teacher Feature Award through KSL and Zions Bank.  I received a number of prizes which included a nice banquet dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Hale Center season tickets, a night over with horseback riding at Daniel Summit Lodge, and an overnight at Anniversary Inn (This hasn't been used yet.  It expires in Aug 2014...so I figure this is my expiration date for marriage.  lol)
-I was able to switch to a new school.  It's closer to home.  It's year round which provided the frequent needed breaks.  I work with a great team, and we have a lot of fun with each other.
-I started a new second job.  I am selling Paparazzi jewelry.  It's flexible, fun, and simple.  I love it!
Financial Highlights
-I paid my car off!!!!
-I was able to get my savings up to an amount that I had set as a goal at the beginning of the year.
-Before this year, I had a good food storage set up but wanted to work on personal items storage (ie deodorant, toothpaste, face wash, etc).  I was able to get one of every item purchased.  So now I just replace items as I use them so that I have one that I'm using and one as storage.  I feel prepared.
Health Highlight!!!
-I would probably say that this is the one that I am most excited about.  I had set a goal to get down to 165 pounds.  I surpassed my goal, and it feels amazing.  I didn't realize how big of an effect this would have on my confidence.  I had a friend who had written about this same thing, but now I realize that I wouldn't come to know this until I did it on my own.  It's crazy that I can look in the mirror and think that I look good or say that I'm skinny.  It feels so so so good!
Other Highlights
-I attended Sundance Film Festival.  It was a lot of fun.
-I got to visit Calgary Canada.
-This was my last full year in my twenties.  So decided to create a list of 30 goals to meet before I turn 30.  I have 10 weeks to finish and plan on doing so.
-In July, I was able to see my best friend marry.  I enjoyed attending her sealing as I know that she had anxiously been awaiting her day.
-I was able to attend Disneyland at my most favorite time of the year.  Unfortunately, it wasn't my best trip yet, but I plan on fixing that.  :)
-I had my first and second professional massages in my life.
-I bought a new mattress.
-I attended a Transiberian Orchestra concert.  It was a fun experience.
-I had remote start installed on my car.
-I saw two movies in the movie theater back to back on the same day.

No comments:

Background