Sunday, January 13, 2013

In with the new....


So as promised in last week's blog, I am going to share some of my goals for this year with you. As I was posting this, I ended up deciding to share all of my goals for this year. So feel free to skip over this post if you want. :) A number of people post their goals as a peer pressure kind of method. For myself, I am enough peer pressure for myself. So this is more for anyone that wants to continue to read. If nothing else, maybe it will spark an idea of a goal you can set for yourself this year.


Goals for 2013
Spiritual
  o   I will take time to ponder before praying on my knees twice a day.
  o   I will study and make it through the Preach My Gospel manual.
  o   I will record one thought that comes to me during Sacrament meeting each week. 
  o   I will participate by contributing a comment or reading in Sunday School at least every other week. (This is a challenge for me as I really don't like to bring attention to myself in larger settings.)
  o   I will contribute $10 to the missionary fund each month. (I know this isn't much, but it's more than I've ever done. We were told in Stake Conference last week that if everyone in our Stake contributed $5 to the missionary fund each month, our Stake could fund five missionaries each month.)
  o   I will record thoughts and feelings each time I attend a session at the temple.
  o   I will read Jesus the Christ.
  o   I will give away two Book of Mormons with my testimony written in them.
  o   I will complete an ordinance in four temples that I haven't attended yet. (This will be more of a challenge as I attended all of the Utah temples in operation in 2010.)

Personal
  o   I will read for 15 minutes a day at least 4 days a week. (I enjoy reading, but I never seem to make time for it. So this will force me to read regularly for pleasure.)
  o   I will practice piano for 90 minutes a week. (I'm taking lessons, but I seem to have a hard time setting aside time to practice. I'm hoping that this will mean I will be a much better piano player this time next year.)
  o   I will practice flute 20 minutes a week.
  o   I will provide at least 30 minutes of service a week.
  o   I will do something enjoyable once a week. (I make plenty of use of my time in work matters. So I feel as if I have to make time for myself to do something fun.)
  o   I will spend within my means. (I used to be quite stingy in spending money on myself, but lately I have spent more freely. So I plan on being out of all debt except student loans by the end of May.)

Physical
  o   I will drink water regularly on weekends and on days off of work. (This will go for all times except for when I'm sick as I'm not feeling well this weekend and was reminded that I can't drink as much water when my stomach is upset.)
  o   I will get down to between 145 & 150 pounds. (This is a huge deal that I'm sharing this in such detail, but I am quite comfortable with my weight now and am not too far from this goal.)

1 comment:

Christa Jeanne said...

Way to go, lady!!! These are fabulous goals. I can't wait to see you reach them! :)

Background