Dating and the single life is tough. It's hard that the greatest desire of your heart is righteous, but you can't do a whole lot to control whether or when it happens. So I'm trying to look at this time of my life as the glass is half full. Don't get me wrong as I would love to be married and have my own family, but here are some perks that have come from being single.
- I graduated from BYU in 2005 and received my teaching degree. I will have taught for eight years at the end of this school year. CRAZY! I have met some awesome people and made great friends from the different schools I have taught at.
- I have been able to take Mom on four (planning our fifth) fun trips.
- I have purchased two annual passes to Disneyland. I made 10 trips including 16 visits to Disneyland and/or California Adventure on the first pass. I made 3 trips including 6 visits to Disneyland and/or California Adventure on the second pass. I have made a total of 18 trips and 31 visits to Disneyland and/or California Adventure. I was able to take Jody, Josiah, and Julia for each of their first times ever, in addition to taking a trip with John and Brittany for John's first time.
- I was able to be an EFY counselor the summer of 2007.
- I have been able to take some fun trips including a cruise with some fun girls and made more great friends.
- I was able to travel to and do an endowment session in each of the 13 Utah temples in 2010.
- I received my Masters in Educational Administration in 2010.
- I was able to attend the greatest singles' ward in the world allowing me to meet some of the greatest people ever. I find it funny that I've met and come to grow closer to many of these girls after our ward was dissolved a year ago.
- In 2011, I was able to take Josiah to do baptisms at the temple once a month. Now in 2012, Jody has joined us.
- I took a trip to Canada with a guy I'd only known for about six weeks.
These are just some of the things that I could think of. I may think of others later and add them to the list. There are other great things that I've done, but these seem to be the ones that may have not happened if I was married with a family. You may think I'm silly for writing this blog, but it's something that will hopefully help me feel better about my current martial status or the lack thereof. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment