Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Church Is True

Today marks a time to reflect on the greatest sacrifice of our Heavenly Father, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Therefore, I thought I would take time to reflect on this sacrifice and share my testimony.
Singing the hymn, "He Is Risen" today brought some new perspective. "Although in agony he hung, No murmring word escaped his tongue." Our Savior suffered great trials and tribulations and gave His life for us. He didn't have to as He always had the option of backing out. Not only did He go forth in His promise, but he did so without complaining. That is admirable. I can only hope that I can be more like my Savior in this aspect. I desire to take my trials and tribulations as learning opportunities rather than as a "woe is me". 
I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father who loved me enough to sacrifice his Only Begotten Son. I am so thankful for my Savior who gave His life that He might truly understand me and that I might be resurrected and exalted. Life is hard. My patriarchal blessing promises me patience and perserverence as I endure to the end. I must put my faith in this and press forward. I know this church is the only true church. I love my Savior, and I will not give up on the righteous desires of my heart.

No comments:

Background