Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back in Full Force

So this week started out looking like it would be quite busy, but as it went on things changed giving me some extra down time.  That was a nice break especially as it was the first full work week in a streak of four weeks in a row.  In addition, we have a Biggest Winner Challenge at work.  We receive points for cardio, weight training, stretching, no processed sugar, no soda, fruit servings, vegetables servings, protein servings, no overeating, drinking water, and getting six hours of sleep.  Fortunately, this challenge only lasts for three weeks because it's tough.  I'm so ready for a German chocolate brownie.  It's not like I eat sweets everyday, but when you can't have them....  I have earned 280.5 points out of a possible 336 which includes no processed sugar (bake goods, ice-cream, candy) or soda for the entire time.
I met with my doctor on Tuesday to find out some stuff that will hopefully lead to me feeling more rested.  Apparently, you have two sets of hormones and one is higher while you sleep than the other set.  Then, when you're awake they reverse.  Well, mine stay the in the middle all of the time.  She said, "So when you're asleep, you're not really asleep.  And when you're awake, you're really not awake."  She also told me that you get eight hours of sleep, but it's like you're only getting four hours of sleep.  So if my insurance decides to cooperate, I'll be trying out two prescriptions to see if I can feel more awake during the day.  :)
As far as my adventures go, I got a text Thursday to let me know he's out of town for a week in San Diego, but does want to pursue another adventure.  :)
So I let myself down in my goal of doing something enjoyable this week.  Unless, you count working on a puzzle last night, but I was so tired at that point that I don't know if I'd consider it fun.  :)  I'm finding that this is a goal that I really need to work on.

No comments:

Background