It really has been a great week. Monday allowed for some much needed laughter and a break from work as I was able to watch Miss Congeniality with my best friend, Jen. We had a good time which I believe gave me the strength to make it through the rest of the week.
Tuesday was wonderful as I was able to do baptisms with Josiah and Jody which was quite enjoyable. It's been a while since I've done baptisms, and it was really nice to be there and do them with both Josiah and Jody. I love that I've set the tradition to do this with them once a month.
Wednesday brought visiting teaching. Mom is my partner and was unable to go to do some of her many responsibilities as the Relief Society President. I was a little hesitant with having to go by myself, but was able to enjoy the time with this sister. We really have become great friends with this sister that we've taught for good chunk of time now.
Thursday was Groundhog Day which brought about a new tradition that I've set. I guess having done it for the third year in a row makes it a tradition-right? I made groundhog cupcakes and watched the movie Groundhog Day with the kids. I even got Mom to join in on watching the movie this year. :)
Friday evening was full of practicing piano, chores, exercise, catching up on work stuff, and preparing my Relief Society lesson for Sunday. It was a good thing that I got so much done because Saturday was spent down at Temple Square.
So as mentioned, Saturday was full of greatness=Temple Square. This made adventure #4 which went from just after 11 to just after 9. We walked through the visitor's center and spending some time in front of the Christus and talking to some sister missionaries. Then, we headed out to hike Ensign Peak. It's a fairly easy hike, but quite messy at this time of year. There was plenty of mud to go around. :) I did receive what I considered to be a compliment, "You're not a girly girl. Other girls would've gone and sat in the car while I hiked." It was a great view of the State from the top, and the weather was gorgeous. Then, we headed back to Temple Square. We walked through the new south visitors center, took a tour of the Beehive house, ate at the Lion House, took tours of the conference center (Did you know the roof of the conference center weighs 18 million pounds?) and Joseph Smith Memorial building, and watched the Joseph Smith movie. It was a wonderful day! I enjoyed teasing, talking seriously, and discussing the Gospel. I'm hoping for many more of these adventures to come!!!
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment