Sunday, January 22, 2012

Famous Fun

It was a nice short work week.  We were off Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Friday for a grade entry day which I wasn't required to go in for.  :)  So I had a three day work week which was lovely.  I could take that on a more regular basis.  :)  Monday was a pretty laid back day off of work which was nice.  Wednesday brought a nice surprise of a text from Chris aka the one guy I really liked from going out last week.  He eventually got around to asking me out again.  :)  I tried to convince him to take me to Disneyland, but settled on visiting some museums on Friday.  So he picked me up on Friday at 10 when we decided we would try out the Sundance Film Festival in Park City.  It was a lot of fun as we followed the paparazzi as they led us to the famous people allowing us to get some fun pictures.  We had a wonderful time following famous people, viewing Michael Fatali's work, eating at a cozy coffee shop, and walking up and down Main Street.  We tried to get into a screening, but were unable to.  Our waiting numbers were 124 and 125.  I got home at just around 11:30 or so.
Edward James Olmos and Lou Diamond Phillips
Ann Heche
Chelsea from Dancing with the Stars
Eric Roberts
Side view off of Main Street

Main Street
The next morning came bright and early as we had a Relief Society meeting.  We had a nice breakfast and great message.
So what happened that night?  Saturday night?  Well, we went out again.  We headed to a theater in Salt Lake just after 5 to try to get into another screening at 9:30.  And we made it...it was quite the adventure.  Then, we ended up going for a drive up by the temple and Capitol to get this great picture.
So needless to say, this weekend has been wonderful.  I've plenty of enjoyable moments this weekend.  :)  Goal met this week!  I'm enjoying being able to go "out" again.  On the other hand, it has caused me to reflect a lot.  I realize that relationships only end two ways, one of which is extremely painful as I've been through that.  I didn't realize that dating after experiencing heartbreak could be so scary.  I will try to enjoy the moment despite the fact that it is a LOT easier said than done.  Plus, I need to keep in mind that what I want in the end is worth whatever I have to go through even if it means experiencing hurt again.  :)  Dating is hard!

3 comments:

Sharlee said...

I so understand the scary feelings but the anticipation and the excitement are so much fun! Enjoy it! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself so much! Can't wait to hear more!

Shay said...

Lance and I had our 2 date spending the day at Sundance and for years it was a tradition to go up there every year. It is a fun tradition to make :)

Janelle! said...

Yeah for a 2nd and 3rd date! You go girl! Just have fun the first 6 weeks getting to know each other... It's hard to trust again, but sooo worth it when you find the right one!

Background