Then, Friday marked a once in a lifetime occurrence or as a friend stated it, "my claim to fame." I had two dates. I guess it makes up for the lack of dates for over a year. The first guy I went out with had somewhere to be at 7. So when the second guy asked me to go out, (I'd already told him no last Saturday) I thought that I could actually do it. Date #1: We got ice cream and talked from 4:30 to about 6:15. I had an all right time. He's about the same height as me. He called me gorgeous. Date #2: It was a lot of fun. I don't know if I've ever laughed that much on a date. We played mini golf (I surprised him as well as myself with how good I did), played some arcade games, ate, took a picture in a photo booth (he put his arm around me), and went for a drive to the Draper Temple. That lasted from 7 to 11:25ish. He's taller than me and speaks French which is a plus. :) He told me I'm strong, independent, and confident. There wasn't any awkwardness with him, and we could joke and tease each other pretty easily. They both want to go out again. The funny thing....who called while I was out and was up when I got home....JULIA. She is quite the mother hen.
So the next day marked Jody's 12th birthday. I put together an Amazing Race game that I think most everyone enjoyed even if some took it very seriously despite the fact that there was no prize involved. I have posted pictures below.
Here is the Birthday girl!
1) A
Roadblock is a task that only ONE team member may do.
"Baby
Face" Roadblock
Today marks 12
years since Jody was born. About 11 years ago, she had quite a different
diet. You must look around the main level of the house for a container of
unmarked baby food. You must eat without a spoon, fork, or anything else. When
your container is empty, you'll receive your next clue.
2) “Wobbley
Walker”
When learning to
walk, she may have become bruised.
Bruises come in black and purple which also happen to be Jody’s favorite
colors. You are to head to the Dollar
Store and purchase one item that contains both colors. You will need this item at the end of the
race and it will be given to the birthday girl.
You have $1.10 to spend on this leg of the race. Text a picture of the item.
3) A
Roadblock is a task that only ONE team member may do. A team member who did not
do the last Roadblock must do this one.
“Shopping
Spree” Roadblock
A favorite store
where Jody likes to shop is that of Justice.
Park your car. Then, show some
love and hug a mannequin. Text picture.
4) “Pick
Your Pet” Detour
Option A: Jody
would love to have a pet hamster. Go to
Pet Smart and ask to hold a hamster.
Option B: Hello
Kitty is her favorite character. Travel by foot to Walmart or Smiths and
find a Hello Kitty item.
Text picture.
5) “Sweet
Tooth”
This summer Jody
discovered her favorite book. Drive to
Barnes and Noble. Find Candy Shoppe Wars. Turn to page 43. What kind of candy is found on this page?
Text answer.
6) “Fast
Food Frenzy”
Jody enjoys some
yummy fries. Choose your spot and order
a value fry to split among all your team members. You only have $1.15 to spend on this leg of
the race.
Option A: Your job is to find a penny marked with the year the birthday girl
was born-2000. Check anywhere you can. Your team has been given a quarter to
help trade for pennies if you choose this challenge.
Option B:Your job is to find 10 strangers that will let you use their cell phones to text happy birthday Jody from the name of your team to 801-XXX-XXXX.
8) "Giggley Girls"
Option B:Your job is to find 10 strangers that will let you use their cell phones to text happy birthday Jody from the name of your team to 801-XXX-XXXX.
8) "Giggley Girls"
The next big step
Jody will take is to attend Young Womens. Think of a funny joke to tell. Travel
back to our house, park the car, and walk to the Young Women President's house.
It's to the west of our house on the corner. (8258 Monroe St) Share your joke
to receive Jody's favorite treat.
9) This race has been fun, but must come to an end. Return to our house with evidence in hand to see if your team is the one to win!
After the race....







1 comment:
Wow, Jen! You are so creative! Your family is so blessed to have you! And two great dates? Wow, I can't wait to hear more! You ARE gorgeous and smart and I'm glad to hear some men told you so! I sure hope this other test they try works, getting insurance to cover things can be tricky! And you need to get your energy back! Love you! Thanks for the Christmas gift!
Post a Comment