Sunday, July 17, 2016

May 2015 Happenings

We began the month with celebrating the life of one great lady, my mom. She turned 50, and we tried to pull off a surprise party. I'm not quite sure how successful we were, but we had a wonderful time being together celebrating her life.

I still added my own touches to putting together our home. One of these included putting together my own display for the Family Proclamation.

We celebrated Carter's 2nd birthday at Airborne and had a great time.

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo with tacos and making homemade churros. That was fun!
Homemade churros
Alison gave me my first Mother's Day gift. It was a pink and purple beaded bracelet that she made at Activity Days. We got an additional surprise the night before Mother's Day as we found out that Brittany and John were expecting their second child. Joe treated me well for Mother's Day with breakfast on Saturday and sweet gifts to wake up to on Sunday. We spent the evening with my mom celebrating.
First Mother's Day gift
We attempted to plant a garden in our backyard. Unfortunately, it didn't prove to be successful this year.

The 15th marked the anniversary of our first date. So we decided to relive it. We went and walked around International Peace Gardens among other things. It was rainy, but we didn't let that push us away. As we pulled up, I got teary eyed as I was overcome with butterflies and reminded of the deep love I have for Joe.



So Memorial Day presented a fun experience. We went and purchased a bow for myself as we had purchased one for Joe a while ago.

No comments:

Background