Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hidden Blessings

This month has been crazy busy...church program, parent conferences, taxes, finishing up my 30 by 30 list, and the list goes on...
It's been quite overwhelming. The task of finishing up my 30 by 30 list has been quite the challenge. Last weekend marked crossing off two more items. I left on Friday to head south. I was able to stay with a cousin. The warm weather and break from the stresses of life was more needed than realized. So the challenge of finishing my list provided the hidden blessing of a needed mini vacation. This realization didn't really hit me until I got back to Salt Lake on Monday.
Saturday allowed for a trip to Zion National Park. The weather was amazing and the sight of this creation was awe inspiring. I loved it! It allowed me to reflect on the great event of the creation of the earth. The Lord has provided some great pieces of work in nature for all to enjoy. It really did have a reverent feel it to it as it brought peace to my soul for the time spent there.














Then, Monday brought an opportunity to go on helicopter ride. This was one task on the list that I was beginning to get a little nervous about completing in time. We drove back into Hurricane to ride a helicopter with Zion Helicopter. It was a short ride (maybe 10 minutes long), but it was a great experience. Once again, it was amazing to view another great creation of the Master. I have decided that it would be wonderful to go on a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon.








Completing my 30 by 30 list brought along a bonus item. This trip down south marked my first road trip of this length all by myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be except that I didn't have much distraction from over thinking a certain aspect of my life that I'm struggling with right now. Oh well! I am so grateful for the great blessing of this trip and that it forced me to take a break from the busyness of life and have fun.

No comments:

Background