Sunday, February 10, 2013

Craziest Road Trip....

So this past Saturday marked taking a four hour round trip road trip in order to check off another item on my 30 by 30 list. I was grateful that Mom and the girls were willing to ride along. We turned up the radio and sang to our hearts' content. There is something about being able to do this that makes you feel free. It also allowed for us to recall other memories attached to the songs. It was great. The roads were a little scary at times, but we were able to make it there and back safely while others weren't so lucky. Unfortunately, as we we got closer to the Tree of  we saw Emergency Parking Only signs. I had really wanted to get out and get a picture to prove I made it there, but I restrained myself from doing do. Instead, I stopped briefly to try and get a picture in the car with the tree in the background. As you can see below, I wasn't too successful and had to settle for just snapping a picture from driver's seat.



I was kind of disappointed to not get the picture I had wanted. Then, we realized that we had to drive all the way to Wendover in order to turn around. We did make a stop at a rest stop where I was able to pose for two pictures.



This is how far we traveled....
 We stopped at Smiths in Wendover for Mom to grab a few groceries. Then, we headed home. Mom did an excellent job of snapping the picture below on the way back to show that we did drive to the Tree of Life. Thanks a ton Mom!


Our adventure didn't end there. We came home to pick up Cafe Rio for dinner. In doing so, I set the alarm off on my car. It was honking and the emergency lights were blinking. I tried several things to get it to stop. There were times that we'd get it to stop, but then it would start going off again. We only had one person stop to offer help. There was even a cop car that didn't stop...I guess Cafe Rio was more important. It finally occurred to me to unlock the door with my key....what a relief!

No comments:

Background