I thought I would compile my thoughts of gratitude/thankfulness that I've posted on Facebook this month. There is so much to be thankful for, and these are just a few of the things that I am most grateful for which can be viewed below.
A couple of weeks ago in church, I heard the following quote by President David O. McKay, "Thankfulness is measured by the number of words; gratitude is measured by the nature of our actions” (CR, October 1955, p.4). I loved this thought. So I feel that over the month of November I have expressed my thankfulness and will now put my gratitude to action over the course of the month of December. My goal is to do one act of kindness/service each day to express my gratitude. I would like to challenge you to do the same. It can be as simple as giving someone a compliment.
Nov 1-I'm grateful for my testimony as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that gives me purpose and direction.
Nov 2-I'm thankful for the power and joy music brings...and yes, I did listen to Christmas music on the radio on my way into work this morning. :-)
Nov 3-I am grateful for the great entertainment Disney provides-music, movies, and of course Disneyland! I just thoroughly enjoyed Wreck It Ralph and will definitely be buying that one.
Nov 4-I'm grateful for my best friend, Jennifer Ipson Heiner who hasn't let "marriage amnesia" settle in and still wants to hang out with single ole me. :-)
Nov 5-I'm thankful for weekends like this last one which provided a nice balance of fun, productivity, friends, taking care of myself, family, and church.
Nov 6-I'm grateful that I'm a citizen of this great country and that I voted last week...oh and the need of so many people to share their strong political beliefs is coming to a close.
Nov 7-I'm thankful for my new found confidence as it helps me enjoy life on a more regular basis.
Nov 8-I am thankful that I know how to love and enjoy spoiling those I love. I know how to share my heart even if it means taking a risk of getting hurt, but I wouldn't be living a full life if I didn't know how to do this.
Nov 9-I'm grateful for the selfless acts of service rendered by others. This week has been/is crazy busy, and I didn't know when I would be able to do laundry. I came home last night to it folded lying on my bed and hung in my closet...brought to me by my littlest sister. Thanks Jules!
Nov 10-I'm thankful to have a student teacher right now. I don't know how I would have made it through this crazy week and parent conferences without her. :-)
Nov 11-I am grateful for the military and their families' sacrifices to protect the honor and freedoms we enjoy...this includes my parents and family. In addition, I'm grateful for the cultural experiences and many friends that being an Army brat brought to my life.
Nov 12-I am grateful for Mom. I can always count on her to be there for me even if I'm in a bratty mood. She's my best friend. I love you Momma! — with RaeLee Elmer.
Nov 13-I'm thankful for short efficient meetings...when meetings get out earlier than planned...AND better yet, when meetings are cancelled!
Nov 14-I'm thankful for the proximity of so many temples and that I've formed a habit of attending frequently...and I've gotten over having to have someone to go with me and can handle going by myself.
Nov 15-I'm thankful for the little things that give spurts of wishful thinking...like the straw wrapper trick and thinking luck must be coming my way when I got J7 (aisle J and booth 7) at the temple last night... — with Jennifer Ipson Heiner.
Nov 16-I'm grateful I can take care of myself and have learned to stand up for and spoil myself. I've come to find that this important as I don't have someone in my life right now to do that....not that I wouldn't warmly welcome someone to watch out for and spoil me. :-) I'm off to buy some new clothes.
Nov 17-I'm grateful to witness the goodness of others. Today as it was raining, I saw someone pull over in a truck to give the missionaries a ride and load their bikes in the back.
Nov 18th- I'm thankful for Sunday naps and short work weeks.
Nov 19-I'm thankful for the comfort of my purple bedroom and a chance to sleep each night to put the day's worries aside for a bit.
Nov 20-I'm thankful for the gorgeous mountains of Salt Lake.
Nov 21-I am thankful that I know the value of hard work and know what the phrase "sense of accomplishment" means... I love crossing off items on my to do list.
Nov 22-I'm thankful for this day of Thanksgiving and that it's as early as it can be which makes the Christmas season extra long! Love ya'all!
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment