I've had the conversation with others about whether or not there's a magical time when you actually feel like an adult. I didn't feel like I'd reach this moment until more recently as a number of situations have arisen.
Jut over a week ago, I was talking with my team of teachers. We were talking, and the teacher I mentor mentioned the years that she graduated from high school and college. This made me feel old because I feel as if I'm her age and not five years older.
Then, this week I was at a Stake Leadership meeting for Young Women leaders. As we stood around socializing, I observed others in the room. I noticed two leaders that looked as if they were about 18 wearing wedding rings. For some reason, that made me feel pretty old.
On a more positive note, my new found confidence has made me feel older. Or should I say wiser? I feel like I have knowledge and wisdom I can share with others and am no longer intimidated to share it. As I sat in parent conferences this past week, I was able to offer advice and suggestions to parents with greater confidence. There was a time that I held back or was more fearful of parent reactions preventing me from sharing my expertise. I am now to the point that I value my knowledge and experience enough to share it with others. I am more willing to speak up in a number of situations allowing others to see my perspective. So, I guess I'm older, but wiser too! I didn't realize what a greater sense of confidence could do for you! It really is empowering in a good way, and really....who's better than yourself to stand up for your own well being?!
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment