Sunday, April 2, 2017

December 2016 Happenings

This month brought on a huge trial in my life, and I believe that is why it has been difficult for me to sit down and write a blog for the month of December. On the other hand, I have learned a number of lessons through this time. And of course, I can't skip blogging Samuel's first Christmas.

We started off the month with a visit to the German Christmas Market at This is the Place Heritage Park. Due to schedules Michael and Alison were unable to go with us. I was really impressed with how much more organized it was this year compared to previous years. We had some really yummy food and enjoyed the environment.

We were able to align schedules so that we could enjoy of fun family outing to Crown Burger and the Festival of Trees. Samuel slept through most of it though.

Joe, Samuel, and I were given the opportunity to take part in a live nativity at This is the Place Heritage Park. The Lord truly knows and loves us. As we began a hard trial we had this special experience to help us focus on the most important aspects of life. We felt blessed as we were able to help others feel the Christmas spirit by sharing our little piece of heaven. It gave me time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. I was reminded of how our Heavenly Father chose to send Jesus Christ as a meek and lowly child. He would then one day save us all, but it all began with the birth of a sweet baby. I was also reminded of how much Samuel loves looking at lights. This lead me to conclude how great a light Samuel is to us. This whole experience was a wonderful blessing.



We were able to go and see Christmas in Color in Taylorsville. Samuel really seemed to enjoy it.



Christmas Day was just as I needed it to be this year. I received some very thoughtful gifts, but as I reflected that evening I realized a number of gifts I received that weren't wrapped... a white Christmas, laughter and good times with family, partaking of the Sacrament on Christ's birthday, seeing the Savior's love in my missionary brother's countenance as we talked to him, holding my own baby boy, receiving a card from Alison that she wants to be like me when she grows up, my husband made dinner and cleaned up, and some feelings of peace. 




Some extra pictures for your viewing pleasure...there's a few....MORE than a few...




















































No comments:

Background