Sunday, December 4, 2016

November 2016 Happenings

The month started off with Samuel's first shooting excursion and trip to the movies.

It was followed with Joe having to return back to work. That was a tough transition as we have really enjoyed having so much time together lately. That on top of other things began to overwhelm me one Sunday evening. I was crying as I said a prayer. Then I looked down at Samuel to see him smiling at me. What a tender mercy of the Lord.

I had parent teacher conferences that were in place before I was return from maternity leave. To make it simpler, I went in to get them done. It was quite tough to leave Samuel for that night. He made it a little easier for me as he was running on schedule to eat while I was gone, but instead he ate right before I left and was ready to eat when I got home. What a great boy!

So the day after my parent teacher conference I came down with the stomach flu. It was pretty miserable. I was grateful to have Joe off on the days I was sick to help out.

We ended up taking Samuel back in to have his jaundice level checked. Luckily, it came back okay.

The 14th proved to be one of the hardest days of my life. I had to go back to work. I cried quite a bit over that which also included that morning. I was so grateful for Joe's love and support along with my mom and sister, Jess. This situation has caused me to reflect a lot. I've thought about how this is the way I need to support him right now although I'd rather be staying home with him. There are so many feelings of guilt that come with being a working mom. As the days progressed and I was getting in a routine, I felt guilty for that and not being upset every day I went to work. Then I realized that I can't be miserable everyday, but instead I have to make the best of my situation. I was really grateful for Joe that first week. He woke up to send me off to work the first day back. Monday and Tuesday were hard as I did the night routine as a single parent because Joe works those nights, but the following nights he ordered me to sit down when I got home to hold Samuel and he took over. It was so nice. Later in the month I had a morning where Samuel decided to wake up and eat before I left for work. I was so grateful for the time with Samuel before work in addition to eliminating my need to pump. I went to cry, but then I thought about it. I can't be sad over the times I'm missing with him. I have to relish each and every second I do get to be with him. He is too great of a blessing to not do just that. For instance, there was one time that Joe was changing Samuel and I walked in the room and said hi. It sounded like he said hi back to me. He is teaching me so much. He's taught me to slow down to enjoy time with him and work on a time table fair for him.

We celebrated Samuel's first Thanksgiving. I thought about how I had no idea this time last year that I would have this sweet blessing in my life this Thanksgiving.


We were able to get a family picture. It proved to be quite the task to get a good print made, and we still need to work on getting a good one to hang up.


The Friday after Thanksgiving was spent celebrating our usual tradition of putting up our Christmas tree and ordering pizza. Samuel really seemed to enjoy the Christmas tree lights. It is so fun to see his reaction.





We celebrated my brother John's 30th birthday.

Samuel turned 2 months old. He is quite the chunky boy. We are thoroughly enjoying his presence in our family and watching him grow. His smile melts my heart every time!

Some extra pictures for your viewing pleasure...



















No comments:

Background