Joe and I continued to work on cleaning, painting, and setting up what would be our humble abode after we got married. We were quite tired of painting and were so grateful to see that crazy adventure come to an end. :)
October 6th brought another date...X: xylograpgy (wood carving, carved our names in a tree), xerox copy hands, Xanda
On October 9th Joe's brother Ed got married to Lisa. We attended the ceremony and reception.
My "Happily Ever After" finally came to pass on October 15th. This was a day that I had always hoped for but didn't know if it would come. The day started early especially as I had gone to bed quite late the night before. We had a wonderful ceremony in the Salt Lake Temple, took plenty of pictures around Temple Square, had a casual luncheon with family, took more pictures at the reception center, and had a really nice reception with friends and family with some surprise guests. The day was wonderful, and there are times that I'd love to go back and relive it.
We stayed in state for our honeymoon. It was so nice to get a break after planning a wedding, setting up our new nest, and moving. It was wonderful to have time to the two of us without any distractions. The night of the 15th we stayed at Anniversary Inn on a voucher I got from receiving a teaching award. It included a really nice breakfast. The next day we headed to Midway where we stayed until the 20th. We had many adventures trying to find different locations. One of our adventures included fishing. It was a crazy adventure, but we had no luck catching anything. Another fun adventure was making foil dinners at the park on Sunday. We had a pretty laid back, unique, fun honeymoon.
The rest of that week was spent getting settled in the rest of the way and getting used to married life.
With Halloween came some fun. I started a tradition where we go pick up pumpkins and then we roast hot dogs and make banana boats. It's a really fun tradition.
Along with Halloween came my first project as a stepmom. I was able to create an unique Elsa costume for Alison. I was pleased with how it turned out.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment