Wednesday, June 17, 2015

August 2014 Happenings

Oh boy....It's been quite a busy while now. So now I'm trying to play catch up on the last few months which really almost equates to a whole year. I definitely feel that my responsibility chart has gone up a whole level or more. I'm definitely so grateful for the life I'm leading, but it's a lot busier.
Well here we go for catching up.

This month's nail design....Back to School theme....



Well, back in June when Joe and I went to the Air Show, I brought up that it would be fun to have alphabet dates. So we set a goal to make it through the whole alphabet by our wedding. The one rule is that you had to have at least three things that we did that started with the letter we were focusing on. So we got quite a few done in June and July. I'll give you a brief overview of those dates. 
  • June 28-A: air show, Aviator, and apple crisp
  • June 29-J: Joe, Jen, Jenga, jokes, Junior Mints, jigsaw puzzle, and Jungle Book
  • July 1-P: popping popcorn, Peter Pan, paper place contest, plus purple
  • July 3-R: rest, ring sizing, ring shopping, Rodeo burger, Redbox reservation and rentals, RoboCop, Reese's Ice-cream cake
  • July 4-F: fun filled Friday, first Fourth of July, family, food, fruity dessert, free time, frozen treats, fireworks, Forever Strong
  • July 7-C: Chicago Stuffed Pizza, conversation, comfy clothes, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, Catch Me If You Can, cuddling on the couch
  • July 8-B: brinner: blueberry buttermilk Bisquick pancakes, beaten bacon bit eggs, berry yogurt, bananas, berry limeade blast, blue, Boondocks, Monkeys in a Barrel challenges, Bedtime Stories 
  • July 23-D: Disney songs, Drive in movie, double Disney features-Planes Fire and Rescue and Maleficent, Doritos, donut holes, Milk Duds, Dasani water, dusk, and dark
  • July 24-W: Wingers, watermelon from Walmart, Winter's Tale (a Warner Brother's Production)
The rest of the dates will be explained as they come up chronologically. 

August 1st brought another ABC date. This time the letter was T. This included table for two at Texas Roadhouse, Temple Square, tour of Conference Center, talking, teasing, and two weeks and two months till the day. 

August 2nd was a milestone day for Joe. He went through the temple and received his endowment. It was a very special experience, and I am so grateful that he wanted to share it with me. I was taken by surprise for the fact that they treated me just as special. I look forward to the many temple trips we will continue to make together.

August 3rd was a special family day as my little niece Lucy was blessed.

August 8th was brought to you by the letter S. This included six o'clock start time, socks, sushi in Sandy, slushy Starbursts, shakes, scenic drive, shuttle, Sundance Full Moon Ski Lift Ride, Stardust, and sixty-seven days until the day. 

Another ABC date was fulfilled on August 12. This was our H date and included the ward Hamburger Fry, helado (ice cream), home hunt halted with power outage, Heads Up, hanging out, and hand holding. 

On August 14th I took Michael and Alison (my now step kids) to the mall to get an outfit for the first day of school.

We went and registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on August 15th.

Our L date occurred on August 16 with Lagoon, lunch, lines, lots of fun, laughter, loopy stomachs, and a lavenderish Lagoon leopard from my love.

August 23 brought about our E date with excitement, endowment temple session, event planning, expressions of love, eternal companions in 52 days, and Emma Smith: My Story movie. We set up everything for our reception center. :)

The Z date came about on August including Zilio piZZa for zero dollars, zapatos (shoe) shopping with zilch success, Zingers, and Zoolander.

August 30 presented the opportunity for M to show up with making memories in the mountains, muddy mess, Mikami chopsticks, mouthwatering meal served by a Mandarin speaking man named Matt, will be married in a month and a half making us Mr. & Mrs., and Maid in Manhatten movie.


August 31st brought a not so fun surprise as we woke up to find out that Mom and Dad's basement had flooded due to the water heater. I also gave a talk in church that day. 

August brought a myriad of birthdays. Julia turned 13 on the 20th. It's crazy that she's a teenager now. Greg celebrated his birth on August 22nd. Jess turned the big 3-0 on August 25th. Brittany's birthabration was on August 28th.

No comments:

Background