Sunday, September 7, 2014

July's Happenings

This month's nail design....

July 3rd marked the conclusion of ten years of teaching. It's hard to believe that I've taught that long now. That equates to 250-300 students that I've had now. My first class of second graders are seniors this year and will graduate. 

The Fourth of July was a fun one filled with family, food, and fireworks.


July 10-12 I was able to chaperone youth conference at Ephraim College. It was fun to be with the youth including Josiah and Jody. I was able to swing on a big rope swing which was crazy, and I got to ride on a tandem bike which was a lot of fun!



July 13-19 brought a bittersweet trip with my momma! It was sweet because I love my time alone with her. It was bitter because it will most likely be my last trip to this extent with her. I am so grateful for her. July 13 was spent in the car as we made the long trip to Highlands Ranch Colorado to see some family friends, the Chatwins. The next day, Monday, was spent enjoying Denver. We ate yummy food, tried to tour the Molly Brown home, visited the money museum, and had a girls night out with dinner and a movie. The next day, Tuesday, we headed to Colorado Springs to see my mom's best friend and Jody's namesake. On our way there Mom showed me the home that I was brought home to after I was born. We spent some time catching up before heading out to another girls night out for dinner and a movie. Wednesday was spent in Colorado Springs as we visted the Olympic Training Center, ate at a dehli, and drove through Garden of the Gods because the weather was very wet. That night we spent in watching a movie. Thursday we drove to St. George in time to see The Little Mermaid at the Tuacahn. It was great. Friday we got some sleep, did a session at the St. George Temple, ate some yummy Mexican food, and saw The Wizard of Oz. We were quite impressed with that show. The next morning we headed back home. We had a good time, and boy, do I love Mom!











July 21st brought teacher meetings to prepare for the new school year, my 11th year. It was quite the task as I had to change grade levels and rooms. So it was quite stressful, but I was blessed with the amount of help I received to help it all come together. July 28th brought the first day of school.

And here are pictures of the adorable nephew and niece for your viewing pleasure...









No comments:

Background