So as stated last week, here are my goals for this
year, 2014. Some goals from the past have become habits in one way or another
and will be continued this year. These include:
- I will record one thought that comes to me during Sacrament meeting each week. I found that this helped me to focus a little better during the meeting.
- I will contribute $10 to the missionary fund each month. What a small amount, but I believe it helps a great cause.
- I will record thoughts and feelings each time I attend a session at the temple. It’s been interesting to find new things to reflect upon and record.
Goals
for 2014
Spiritual
- I will listen to a Conference talk each week day.
- I will have silent time on my way to work each day (no radio).
- I will post a spiritual message/thought/link to Facebook once a week.
- I will read Jesus the Christ for 15 minutes each Sunday. This isn’t much, but it’s a start as compared to not even beginning last year.
- I will sign up for Institute and attend weekly unless other circumstances/events prevent me doing so.
- I would like to complete an ordinance in at least two temples that I haven't attended yet.
- I would like to work on earning my Young Womanhood Recognition Award again as I’m working with the young women in my ward as first counselor. The program has changed since I earned it the first time.
Personal
- I will provide at least one service a day.
- I will stop working on things and not play on my phone after 9:30 on week nights and 10:30 on weekends/off of work the next day nights if staying home. I will be allowed to only read/reply to messages sent. J
- I will only work on school stuff twice a week at home (preferably Mondays and Thursdays, but that may change depending on events going on).
- I will read for 15 minutes a day at least 4 days a week.
- I will practice piano for 60 minutes a week.
- I will practice flute 20 minutes a week.
- I will give myself a free night on Friday or Saturday.
- I will make contact with a friend or family member once a week.
Physical
- I will get to bed no later than 10:30 on week nights and 11:30 on weekend/off of work the next day nights. As far as weekend/off of work the next day nights, that will stand as long as I’m home and nothing “special” is going on. J
- I will exercise at least 5 days a week. I would like to do it before work at least 4 days a week with a makeup on Saturday if need be.
- I will drink water regularly every day. (This can prove to be a challenge on weekends and days off of work.)
- I will only wear my hair up in a ponytail twice a week at work. I’ve gotten really lazy with that. J
- I will get down to between 145 & 150 pounds.
I’ve
learned some lesson about goal setting. I realized that I needed to change some
goals to be more attainable and less stressful. I’ve also come to realize that
there are some goals that I need some more motivation to accomplish. So as
silly as it may sound, I’ve decided to set up a little reward system for myself
to give me that motivation.
I’ve
also come to realize that importance to share goals with others. I believe if I
were married that this would be a practice shared with my spouse. So it is
important that I make this a practice with friends and family. I was out to
lunch with a friend when I shared that I needed to reduce how much work I was
bringing home. She gave me the idea of only doing work at home twice a week. I’ve
done this since I have been back this New Year, and the results have been
great. I’m loving the feeling of being more balanced. It’s amazing!
Finally,
I came to realize the importance of checking in with my goals. This past year I
created a system for checking in each Sunday. It helped me stay in tune with my
goals. This practice was enforced as I was listening to the First Presidency
message for this month by President Uchtdorf, “making resolutions is easy-keeping
them is a different thing altogether.” Here we go 2014!

No comments:
Post a Comment