Sunday, May 12, 2013

I am an Aunt!

This week brought a pleasant surprise. His name is Carter Krew Elmer. This came as a surprise because he wasn't due to arrive until June 1. I remember Mom telling me Tuesday morning that Brittany had gone in over the course of the night. I guess I really didn't think too much more of it. Then, John sent out a message just around 11 that morning to say that it looked as though he was going to be a dad. It was hard to believe. I was able to arrange for someone to take over my class at 2:45 so that I could pick up Josiah, Jody, and Julia. As soon as I did so, we were on our way to the hospital. We hung out in the waiting room until Carter was here. He made his big debut at 5:45pm at 6 pounds 14 ounces and 19 inches. He has red hair just like his daddy. He is absolutely gorgeous. It's crazy to see my little brother as a dad, but it's great at the same time. They are all home and settling into their new little family. I just wished they lived closer to allow more frequent visits, but maybe they appreciate the distance so that they can keep him to themselves. :) Thank you Carter for making me an aunt!








No comments:

Background