I have decided to begin attending an Institute forum on Wednesday nights. This past Wednesday allowed for me to hear some remarks given by Elder Hinckley. It was wonderful. One thought that called out to me was something in the regards of how we should be unapologetic of our standards. We are members of a great church, we should not be apologetic of this fact. Of course, we must find a balance in this effort. We need to stand up for what we believe in without being condescending.
I found myself tested with this very thing over the course of this last week. There was someone interested in me, and he was texting me. I didn't have a good feeling about it because of the kinds of messages he was sending. At one point, I had to resist the urge to apologize for my standards. It wasn't as though I wanted to say that I was sorry for what I believe in, but I wanted to apologize as a way of not making him feel bad. I resisted and stated my feelings without being harsh. It was nice to state what I felt and stand up for what I believe in without apologizing or being mean.
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment