Sunday, August 19, 2012

Communication is Key

Life has been busy and full of adventures hence the lack of a blog post last week.

It seems as though I have learned a great lesson when it comes to relationships.  Good communication is essential.  I don't know if it comes from the number of relationships I've had in my life or if this just comes with age.  Maybe in fact, it's a combination of both.

I am one who tends to over think situations and make it worse all on my own.  Therefore, I've come to find the importance of sharing your feelings and receiving insight from the other person involved.  It takes the unneeded stress that the lack of communication brings to relationships.  Thus, the relationship is strengthened as both parties find that they can trust each other enough to share all cares and concerns.  This brings a greater sense of love on both parts.  One part is that you can share your feelings and the other is that you are trusted enough to be told how the other person is feeling.  The lack of communication brings uncertainty, worry, and doubt.  All of those feelings break down relationships.

Take a look at your relationships in life.  Which ones are the strongest?  Which ones are the weakest?  Which ones do you communicate open and honestly on a regular basis?  I challenge you to take time to review your relationships with others and set time aside to communicate with those you love so that you don't lose those relationships.

1 comment:

Hoffman Family said...

Very true. It is important to be able to talk.

Background