Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whirlwind of Emotions

So what was the title of my last post... "In the midst of a dream that I hope not to wake up from..."  I hope I didn't speak too soon in giving that statement.

I was saved from a hike on the 20th because of the snow.  Whew!  We ended up going to the Hari Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork.  It was a different but interesting experience.  We even did some service while there.  We headed back to Salt Lake in time to catch a movie too.

I completely shocked myself on Wednesday night (22nd).  Chris had texted me to let me know that he would be driving to Canada on Thursday or Friday to get a work visa.  So with a little encouragement from Mom, I asked if he needed company on the trip.  I still can't believe I did that, but am grateful despite the present circumstances.  I let him know the parameters of when I would be available to go.  So I had taken the next day off for a dental appointment.  When I was finished, I went over to spend some time with him and found out that I would be going to Canada with him for sure.  He picked me up from work on Friday at 2:00, and we were on the road.  We ended up stopping halfway which was in Montana.  We got up the next morning and made the rest of the trek to Calgary.  We lounged around a bit before heading to the mall and taking a drive downtown.  The next day included church, visiting some of his friends, and taking a drive to see where he had lived as a kid.  Monday marked a bump in the road that I hadn't seen coming.  We got to the border at 12, and three hours later, we left because they had denied him a visa.  The tech support position he got with Novel isn't considered a high demand job.  So they don't want to take it away from Americans.  He ended up paying for me to fly home on Tuesday which meant I had to take a no pay day as I was out of personal days.  I tried to suck up my own sadness to the best of my ability and enjoy the last little bit of time with him.  He ordered pizza, and we ended up staying up until 2 in the morning.  We were able to spend some more time with each other the next morning as we didn't head to the airport until 1:30.

He is looking at several possibilities right now.  1) He's thought of getting a Masters or another Bachelors.  So he could try to get a student visa.  2) He could get a visitor's visa and do the snowbird thing.  3) We could meet in Montana on the weekends.  These are the options that I'm aware of at this point.  Maybe he has others.

Life certainly does throw you curve balls.  This was the very thing that I was trying to avoid-a long distance relationship.  :s  I'm trying to keep an open heart and mind as nothing is for sure right now.  I just can't believe how upset I have been over this all.  Dating is hard!  I found a really great guy to date who likes me and to have this added to the mix is hard to believe.  There's not a lot either of us can do.  Once again, I "get" to have my faith and patience tried.  Your prayers would be greatly appreciated in regards to this whole thing and my own "sanity".

1 comment:

Shay said...

So sorry to hear Jen! Currently Lance has started working for the Canada branch of his office and apparently getting a work visa to Canada isn't too hard! (Too bad it doesn't work the other way around) I hope everything works out, some way or another.

Background