Sunday, March 11, 2012

Time

My mind has been full of lots of thoughts lately.  I hope this makes some kind of sense.

There isn't a lot to report from this week.  This week does mark completing my 16th set of parent conferences.  That blows my mind away as I didn't plan on teaching this long.  This brought to mind other conversations I've had with others in discussing teachers' salaries.  One person had mentioned that I knew when I went into teaching that I wouldn't make much money.  Then, in my reflection I realized that I didn't even consider the financial status of teachers as my dream was marrying and staying home to raise a family.  That's why I didn't think I'd teach this long, but apparently there is another plan for me.  I'm not saying that I'm giving up on the whole marriage and family thing, but instead I'm realizing that I really don't have any control over the timing.  THAT is what is hard. 
My current dating situation, if you can call it that, requires lots of faith and patience.  I've begun to wonder if I might be the most impatient person.  I don't know where this current situation will take me, but I do know that I must not give up hope.  When this bump came along, I had mentioned to Mom that I was wondering if it was a sign.  She lead me to realize that I can't look at obstacles as signs.  Then, as we were reading scriptures as a family tonight, we came across the following, "Wherefore, I, the Lord, am not pleased with those among you who have sought after signs and wonders for faith, and not for the good of men unto my glory" in D&C 63:12.  Thus, I must push forward in faith believing that the Lord will pave my way if it is meant to be.  Then, if it's not meant to be, I'll get to try again if given the opportunity.  Don't worry, I sound a lot stronger in writing this than in reality.  I've been an emotional roller coaster struggling with finding strength in my present state of the unknown.  Unfortunately, I think the solution is time whether this situation works out or not. 

No comments:

Background