The month started off with a nice get away to my friend, Jen's grandma's cabin in Midway. On Aug 1st, we grabbed dinner at Five Guys, stopped by her sister's house to get the cabin key, and were on our way. We dropped our things off before heading back into town to get groceries for the next couple of days. Then, when we got back, we got in pjs, dished up some ice-cream, and watched a movie. The next morning we lounged around watching Saved By the Bell. Jen's sister, Katy, along with two of her friends came up and made pizza for lunch. We decided to take a walk into town to get ice-cream to find out that it was a hot and tiring six mile hike, but allowed for guiltless pleasure as we indulged ourselves into junk food. :) We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening watching movies. On our final day, Aug 3rd, we woke up and drove into town to walk around and explore the different shops. We went back to lounge around a bit more by watching T.V. and a movie before cleaning up and heading home. This was a wonderful trip, and I could not ask for a better friend to share this stage of life with.
On August 5, Josiah was away as Scout camp. So Mom and I took the girls to dinner at Joy Luck That evening, they slept over at their friends' house. Mom and I went and saw Goldilocks Capone and the Three Amigos at Desert Star playhouse theater. It was fun, and I really enjoy that we get to do this on our own together. The next morning we met up with the girls to watch the Midvale days parade.
On August 9, I paid for the kids to go to Lagoon, and we went with Mom and Dad. Dad and Jody were supportive of each other as they couldn't go on a lot of rides because they get sick easily. Josiah and Julia went on a ton of rides including the Cliffhanger twice. Julia is completely fearless. She went on everything from the Wicked to both Rocket rides. It was funny because Josiah and Julia think that I make rides more fun as I can get the Flying Aces swaying and I can get the Tilt-a-Whirl spinning. We were really lucky as the lines were minimal. The longest we had to wait was two or three ride run throughs before getting on except for a few like the Rattlesnake Rapids ride.
So for those of you who don't know, we have four birthdays between Aug 20 and 28. It's pretty crazy. So we celebrated Julia's early on Aug 12 so that she could enjoy her gifts before school started. We went to dinner at Wingers and came home for presents and cake. I her cake which took quite a while and didn't quite turn out exactly as I had hoped.
On Aug 15th I was able to go to a Bees game with my friend, Stacie who was in town visiting. It was a fun atmosphere to catch up and talk.
On Aug 16th we had a family game day and went to the annual ward hamburger fry and had a really good time.
On Aug 22 I went to see "The Help" with Mom. I had read all but the last 41 pages, but have since finished it. They both had more swearing in them than I like, but did inspire me to want to be a better person.
Aug 24th marked my first day back to work with meetings and business all day. Then, I finally received a key and was able to start setting up on Thursday and Friday. It's all set up and ready to go for Monday thanks to help from friends and family. Unfortunately, the stress has caught up to me and given me a nice cold to start the school year.
Aug 25th was Jessica's 27th birthday, and we celebrated both her and Greg's (Aug 22) by going out to eat as a family to Tepanyakis. We had a great time.
Today, Aug 28th, is Brittany's birthday. We will be going over later today to have dessert and the opening of gifts to celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment