What a month?! It's hard to believe it's over. The month started off with celebrating the 4
th of July. We couldn't count on the weather because it didn't look too promising. So Mom and I went with the kiddos to see Rio and eat at
Chilis. We had a good time. That evening we found a great spot with Dad, Jess, and Greg to play cards and enjoy the light shower before fireworks. It was a great show.

The next week marked the beginning of my room make overs. It turned out to take more time and patience than I ever would have thought. It's quite nice to be done and reaping the rewards of some hard work. I did learn that taking breaks amongst this project were necessary to keep from going crazy. These breaks included having a girls' movie night, seeing Harry Potter, and swimming in the pool with the kiddos.
BEFORE


AFTER


Then, July 17
th marked the 156
th birthday of Disneyland, but because it fell on a Sunday, I threw a party for the kids. We had Toy Story alien party hats, Cars shaped pretzels, Cars party bags, blue raspberry Crush, pizza, and Mickey Mouse cupcakes while watching Disney movies. It was a lot of fun!





So my mom's childhood friend and now cousin came up with her two boys over the 24
th of July weekend. So we ended up going to Olympic Park in Park City to take a tour which was a lot of fun! I thoroughly enjoyed it!





So I loved learning how the Olympic skiers practice during the summer. They go down the ski track in full gear landing on a pillow type cushion as bubbles are formed to prevent any hurt or injury.


The 24
th of July was fun. We previewed the floats at the Expo center before hand. Then, we enjoyed the parade on TV in the comfort of home. We had a
barbeque and spent some time at our Uncle Gary's house. He lives right by Liberty Park. So we enjoyed fireworks from his backyard.


Utah has had some fun happenings this summer. So this past week, I took Mom and the kids on a ride to get a
slurpee and see the house that was completed as an Extreme Home Makeover in South Jordan as well as the Up house in
Herriman. We had a good time.



Finally, this week I was able to take Josiah out to see Thor for finishing some of his summer work for an honors class he will be taking next year. We had a good time, and it was fun to have some one-on-one time with him. He is a great guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment