Sunday, April 24, 2011

April Showers will hopefully bring May flowers....

This month has brought many showers this year. I thought the fact that we had spring break at the end of April, we'd get lots of nice weather over our break. Well fortunately, we got nice weather for one of the three work days I got off. Wednesday afternoon allowed for a trip to the temple with Mom. On Thursday we took the kiddos to Planet Play to hang out while we talked, ate, and watched some of old classic TV shows. Friday brought good weather, and we were able to hike Ensign Peak for the first time. My favorite quote of the hike was from Julia, "Tell Dad I loved him." :)


Then, as we were leaving we drove by the State Capitol, and Josiah mentioned that he could pass off a merit badge by visiting it. So we stopped by and walked through, and the kiddos raced up the many stairs.
Then, Saturday was spent watching movies and taking breaks to run errands, make dinner, and prepare for Easter. Today was filled with family, good food, lots of sweets, and most importantly, reflections of the Savior and the great blessing He has given us that we may live again. This break has been great, and unfortunately, the kids go back to school tomorrow. Luckily, I still have tomorrow off and will get to have some fun with mama. She is a true blessing in my life!

On a sadder note, our family lost an amazing, cute, strong lady today, our dear Aunt Lorraine. She fought many battles of cancer and is now home to rest and be reunited with many family members and dear friends. I love you Aunt Lorraine and still think of you as one of the cutest older ladies I've ever met.

1 comment:

Hoffman Family said...

I am sorry you lost your aunt.
We have had rain here for almost 2 weeks straight. I feel your pain!

Background