So February hasn't offered too many new and exciting happenings. So I thought I would offer a few thoughts/lessons learned.
-One of my New Years' goals included providing an act of service daily. This might include a text to a loved one or friend, buying a favorite treat to give someone, serve in the temple, or provide a physical act to give more time to someone else in need. At first, it might seem difficult to provide a service daily, but as the days go on, it seems easier to select services to provide and becomes fun challenge to find something to do to brighten someone's day. Additionally, you can give according to what time you have available on that specific day.
-As I recently talked to a friend leading a similar life to myself, we expressed our feelings of having no highlights of our lives to share with others whenever asked what's going on in our lives. We just finished our masters and have no dating prospects. Therefore, it feels as if life is pretty dull. So I am really trying to find purpose which is harder on some days more than others. I have found how good being productive feels. So I really try to find good things to fill my time. I read scriptures daily, read from Preach My Gospel daily, attempt to listen to one Conference talk daily with the exception of Sundays when I break up the Ensign articles in order to cover the entire magazine over the course of the month, attend the temple weekly (I get to go with Mom twice a month, I take Josiah to do baptisms once a month, and go with a friend the "leftover" weeks in the month), spend at least 15 minutes each Sunday working on family history, and exercise 5-6 days a week. In addition, Mom has helped me in other aspects-making Christmas gifts and making Birthday cards for family.
-Finally, this month marks the one-year month of coming to realize how strong I can be. I am hoping to be able to keep pressing forward in faith. It really is tough some days, but I made it through this past year-so-I should be able to make it through the next year-RIGHT?!-I will definitely give it my best effort.
-I should have more fun events to report for next month-Disney on Ice, my birthday, and Josiah's birthday.
Surpr"eyes"!!
11 years ago

2 comments:
Jen~ You are a very strong woman! I admire the wonderfully uplifting things you do. I need to be better at attending the temple, reading the church magazines, etc. Thank you for sharing your blog updates with me!
Jen- I loved reading this update! Thanks for sharing-- I truly believe it's the small and simple things that make all the difference in our happiness, and you are doing SOOO many! Thanks for the many acts of kindness you've shown me! When we're single, doing the best we can to improve and serve is such a healing way to spend time. BTW, you'd love Kristen Oaks' book: "A Single Voice." Sure love ya!
Post a Comment