Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Still Here!

It's been a while since I've blogged. The holidays were fun and provided a much needed break from work. We had a wonderful family dinner for Thanksgiving. Then, on Christmas Eve we had our traditional get together with lots of family and friends. Then, Christmas day was absolutely wonderful. My parents gave me a laptop which was a wonderful treat! New Year's Eve was spent playing games which has ensued a new family tradition of getting together for game night the last Friday of the month. I LOVE IT!!!! The New Year is a time to review the previous year's goals and set new goals. I was so happy to meet last year's goal of attending all the Utah temples and was able to accomplish it with my friend Jen's help. We had many fun adventures. I have made several goals for 2011. A few include reading from Preach My Gospel daily, attending the temple weekly, and providing an act of service daily. I have already found that if you put the things that really count first, the Lord gives you the time to get everything else done. Life gets tough with trials and such, but I'm trying to focus on what really counts to get me through the rough patch.
This month has been filled with making Saturday breakfasts for the family, fun Sunday desserts, and experimenting with new recipes. Work is better than last year, but I have a couple students really pushing my buttons right now. In addition, my team leader is really hard to work with as she has something against me. This too shall pass, right?! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! :)

No comments:

Background