So the month started off with a very fun family
barbeque for the 4
th with some family that we have just recently reunited with. We had a wonderful time. Then, I was able to hike two different trails that have always been on my "to do list," but have never gotten around to. I was able to hike to
Timpanogos cave with Michelle. You are allotted 90 minutes to hike from the bottom to the top, and we were so amazing that we did it in 45 minutes.





Then, a week later I was able to hike to the famous "Y" on the mountain in Provo. I never did it as a student and decided to recruit another fellow Y alumni, Jen to go along AKA lead me. I had thought
Timpanogos was pretty tough, but found the unpaved constant uphill incline to be quite a bit tougher. There wasn't much flat ground at all, but it felt good to make the accomplishment of getting to the top.




WOW! I actually finished blogging and remembered that I didn't include the fact that I graduated with my Masters this month. That's something pretty big-I can't believe I forgot that. I was lucky to have most of my family there along with two very awesome friends-Jen and
Chell. They ALL were key in making sure I kept going.






Then, yesterday was spent in some festivities to celebrate Pioneer day. We were able to spend some time with Uncle
Gomer (AKA Gary) and Aunt Leah eating pizza, hanging out, and watching fireworks. It was fun.
It feels good to be off for the summer as I've been able to accomplish a number of things that I've put off for quite some time. I've also had more time to help my parents with some home improvement projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment