Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Many Adventures of June 2010

Oh boy....do I have A LOT to catch up/share from June.

Last Two Weeks of School Well, the first two weeks of the month were spent wrapping up my sixth year of teaching. It's pretty crazy to think that I've taught that long. I would've imagined I would have been doing something different at this stage of my life. So any way, the last few days of school can be quite difficult resulting in more of an entertaining frame of mind. So Michelle, a very dear teaching friend who will be greatly missed next year, and I had fun with it as can be seen in the pictures posted below.

Math Nerd Day....Aren't we dorks?!

Book Character Day: Tom Sawyer and Amelia Bedelia

Field Trip to Aquarium: We couldn't resist taking this picture.

Water Day after field trip: The kids soaked us, but it was so much fun!

Disney Day: With all that we could have chosen to dress up as, we chose the dalmatians from 101 Dalmatians.

This girls couldn't resist coming in too. Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and Lucy from Chronicles of Narnia


Colorado Trip: June 12-20
So the Saturday after school got out, I flew out to Denver, Colorado to visit some family friends, the Chatwins. We spent Saturday resting and went to dinner at Grand Lux which is run by the same owners of Cheesecake Factory. The food was very good. We went to church on Sunday and enjoyed the spirit of the day. On Monday, we were able to visit the Red Rocks Ampitheatre which was amazing to see this great outdoor theater.


Tuesday was best friends' day. So each girl invited their friend to eat lunch at McDonalds, see How to Train a Dragon, and go swimming. We spent Wednesday sunbathing and paddle boating at the lake. It was a lot of fun. It was odd because I only ended up sunburned on my knees. I'm guessing it's due to the fact that I had told Dina the day before that my legs never take any sun "in." Oh well! I was able to visit my birth city on Thursday, Colorado Springs. We saw the Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, and Olympic Training Facility. It was absolutely amazing, and I came across many interesting facts.







Friday was spent running some errands, but we had fun going out to lunch, watching the girls do ballet, and making pretzels. Saturday was filled with fun in downtown Denver where I tried sushi for the first time. Then, came Sunday when I returned to Salt Lake City. The time in Colorado was a lot of fun. The Chatwin girls are sweet and provide many laughs and much love. I can't wait to visit again.

Southern Utah Trip: June 23-26
I decided to take my mom on a trip for her Mother's Day and Birthday gift. So we headed out on our adventure the morning of Wednesday. We did have a slight bump on the way out of town. Eight miles outside of Nephi, we hit something on the freeway that shredded my tire. We weren't on the side of the road for more than 5 minutes when a man stopped. He got out, changed the tire, and didn't speak any English. It was a huge blessing. We stopped in Nephi to get a tire and eat lunch. We were able to stop in Cove Fort which was a first for me. We were able to hear some fascinating facts. I really enjoyed it. We made it into St. George just before 5 to check into our hotel. Then, we were off to the Tuacahn Theater to eat dinner, walk around, and see Tarzan. It was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it.

On Thursday, we took our time getting up, eating breakfast, getting ready, and packing up. We went to Veyo to see my mom's stepsister. We had a nice visit and went to lunch. PS Veyo is a VERY small. Then, we headed to Moab, but first we came across the Mountain Meadows Massacre Monument and decided to stop there to see it.


We got into Moab just before 7 and picked up Chinese food. We checked into our hotel, got comfortable, and ate Chinese food while watching chick flicks.
Friday was wonderful! Once we were ready, we headed out to view the Arches National Park. We drove through the entire park and stopped to get out and hike a bit.




YES, my mom MADE me wear the cowboy hat. It wasn't too painful. We headed back to town to eat lunch which was quite tastey. Then, we did some shopping. I was actually able to find a skirt for graduation with a little encouragement from my mom. We stopped by the hotel for a few before heading out to go horseback riding (which I accidentally cut TOO close, but we made it). It was my first time and a lifelong wish I've had. Although there were some pretty steep places, it was wonderful, and I'd love to go again. Mom's horse was Rebel while my horse was Rufus. My horse is actually a roping horse for which I became grateful as any time he slipped, he was able to regain ground quickly without any sacrifice on my part. Mom had a close call as her horse got spooked from another person who dropped her hat. We were "branded" as earning our cowgirl badges in the group. I loved this experience. I just need to find a way to go again.




We woke up Saturday to get ready to head home. We walked around town for a bit before our facial (a first for both of us) and pedicure appointments. After which, we made the trek home where we were happily and most welcomely (that's probably not a word, but oh well) greeted by two adorable girls waiting at the front door.

No comments:

Background