Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Last Month....

Wow! What a month it's been. I have really worked at staying positive and upbeat, but have my moments. Some days can be pretty tough, and I can't believe how hard it can be some times. I've decided to enjoy the single life for now and am working up the courage to get back out there. So we had Spring break from Wednesday, March 31 at 2:00 to Monday, April 5. Luckily, I have a great friend Jen who invited me to go on a cruise with her and some of her teacher friends (one of which is my little sister, Julia's teacher). It was an absolute blast!

SPRING BREAK
Wednesday, March 31
We drove to Vegas Wednesday night getting there pretty late-around 11 or so.

Thursday, April 1
We got up and drove to Anaheim Thursday morning. We got to Disneyland at about 12 noon (at least one of the cars did :o). We had quite a bit of fun. Who can't have fun in Disneyland....(FYI: That's a rhetorical question.)





We were really tired that night and finally got to our motel-Motel 6 which was located closer to San Diego. We were very happy to get to our room because we were so exhausted. The room was a bit warm, but we were finally able to get some much needed rest. Our comforters on the beds were somewhat amusing.
Friday, April 2
We got up, grabbed breakfast at the neighboring hotel (half of our group stayed at another hotel), and were on our way to San Diego. We had some time to kill and were able to go by the Old Town San Diego Church Visitor's Center with more emphasis on the Mormon Batallion Center which was just recently renovated. It was awesome to hear stories and personal experiences and was very enjoyable.





After Old Town, we got lunch and headed to our ship. We checked in and were off to our rooms. We had a wonderful time exploring our rooms and the ship.


We spent some time on the deck enjoying the fresh air and the absence of snow! :) Sorry, I couldn't get the following picture to rotate.

We were shortly called to orientation. Can you tell how much fun we had including the girl standing beside me (she wasn't a part of our group).....
Before we knew it, we were off to dinner to meet the most entertaining waiter ever. He is greatly missed. Dinner is not the same without him. I know by no means, dinner was ACTUALLY free, but it was fun to sit down to a menu with no prices and no limitations as to what you could get. We had fries with dinner every night. We hung out for a bit and headed to our rooms to rest and watch some T.V.

Saturday, April 3
We slept in, took our time getting ready, ate a really nice breakfast, and sat out and read in the sun. I didn't bother taking pictures of me sunbathing to save ya'all.... We also participated in a Country dancing class where I was accused of checking out the instructor's "back side," and we watched Battle of the Sexes Family Feud. Then, we all played a game of Skipbo which I actually won. You can see how seriously we were all taking it....haha


That night was formal night. So we headed back to our rooms at around 4:00 to get ready. We had a great time at dinner....yes those drinks are virgin....although some might have disagreed by how much and hard we were laughing. Haha! From the pictures below, you can see that I got a good amount of sun.

I even caught a picture of this sunset at dinner.
We spent the night taking pictures, watching an "interesting" show, taking more pictures, having story time (Walter the Farting Dog Goes on a Cruise) talking, dancing (NOT ME), and eating ice cream.





Sunday, April 4
We awoke to a visit from the Easter bunny (not a lovely pic of me)....ate breakfast, arrived in Ensada, Mexico and were able to see La Bufadora and experience the shopping scene of Mexico. There are no set prices, as all is up for bargaining. We were able to make some fun purchases which included sandals that will last for 100 years.




We got back to the ship, took it easy, took some more pictures, and headed to dinner with our waiter for the last night. :( We didn't even have to ask for the fries...he brought them out on his own.

We even got a special visit from the Easter bunny! How cute!? :)

Monday, April 5
The biggest adventure of the whole trip was the drive home. We ended up hitting snow on the way home. We stopped in Fillmore to see if it would slow down. We got back on the freeway to see if we could do it, but we still couldn't see in front of us. So we pulled over at the next exit and checked into a motel at 10:30. I was stressed because I needed to get back to get my intern hours in. Luckily we were able to get up at 4:00, drive home, and I was only 15 minutes late for my interning at the Middle School. I soon began to miss the cruiser's lifestyle-sleeping in, eating, reading, eating, enjoying the sun, eating, sleeping, laughing, and eating fries every night for dinner in addition to the access of ice cream 24/7. It was fabulous, and I want to go on a cruise again. Let me know if you're interested.

MASTERS
Tuesday, April 6-Friday, April 9
I completed the last 32 hours of my interning and passed my Capstone project in addition to its defense. I DID IT! I have my Masters. YAY! There were times that I didn't know if I could do it especially with the MANY different battles I had to fight this past year in just about every aspect of my life. I will walk on July 17th.

CELEBRATION TRIP DISNEYLAND
Monday, April 12
I found out at 3:00 am that my trip was most likely cancelled because my traveling companion was sick with food poisoning. I woke up at 8:00 or so to a text that she would be okay to go. So I got up, got ready, packed up the car, and picked up one of the best road trip entertainers ever, the one, the only Michelle Hanlon. We drove, and drove, and drove some more. We got into Burbank at around 7:30. We met up with some of Michelle's friends (Josh and his dad) for a nice dinner at the BEST burger place ever. :) Then, we were off to our hotel which Michelle was quite impressed with. We got to bed late after winding down and playing on our computers.

Tuesday, April 13
We found out we are just alike-we don't like to talk right after we get up in the morning. We had the best idea ever. We slept until 9:00, ate breakfast, and took our time getting ready. It truly felt like an actual vacation. We headed to Disneyland around 11 or so. I had the idea of playing the "Happy Birthday" game. It consisted of spotting Birthday pins and being the first to wish the person a "Happy Birthday!" It was great. We made quite a few people laugh, and maybe a few cry too..... She won by a couple of people, but what really counted was the fun we had with it. That night, we were accused of being drunk. We were waiting for fireworks and had each bought a pretzel with cheese and a soda. I dropped my cheese which splattered everywhere, and we busted up laughing. A guy turned around and asked what we had been drinking. Then, Michelle dropped her soda at which time we laughed again. Then, Michelle went to open it. The same guy turned around and asked, "Did you actually just open that?" It was pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there to see how funny it was. Oh well. We headed back to our hotel where we proceeded to wind down and get some rest.



Wednesday, April 14
So once again we decided to sleep in until 9, eat breakfast, and take our time getting ready. Josh met us at the hotel and spent some time at Disneyland with us. We had a good time. He actually gave me some new nicknames-Dr. Gluestick, Fanatic (in reference to my Disneyland habits). We were able to eat at my favorite place, Cafe Orleans, for the second day in a row. Yummy! Best fries ever! No offense to my cruise fries. Haha Josh had to leave at 3. We enjoyed the rest of our day, and we were actually able to sit on the Storybook Land boats and watch fireworks. That was really cool. We did our shopping and headed to the hotel for one of the highlights of our trip. We sat on our beds and messaged each other on Facebook until 2 or 3 in the morning. As dumb as it might sound, we had a wonderful time.



Thursday, April 15
So we slept in until 10. That was absolutely fabulous. We met up with Josh for lunch and a movie. Then, we headed to City Walk and the Cheesecake Factory. We stopped by Walmart where we noticed my car was making a weird noise. We thought it might have been the breaks. Luckily, Josh and his friend came to our "rescue." It turned out that a screw/bolt had come loose and fell out causing it to make a "wonderful" noise. He made it safe enough to drive back to our hotel. Oh, while we were waiting in the parking lot, we were offered weed. We headed back to our hotel and got to bed fairly "early" because we knew we wouldn't be sleeping in the next morning. We also could smell someone doing weed in our hotel when we got back. PS It wasn't a ghetto hotel, it was a nicer hotel.



Friday, April 16
We got up, got ready, and packed up my car. Josh ran around to find the needed bolt. He came by the hotel and fixed it for us. Thank you! It was only a $10 fix luckily! What a relief. We took him to breakfast and were on the road shortly thereafter. What a trip it was, thanks to Michelle. We actually got "hit on" by a car of guys on the road. She posted her cell phone number on a piece of paper through the car window and spent some time texting, but it all ended when they wanted us to flash them. Dumb boys! We made a stop in Las Vegas at the outlets, but didn't find too much. We got back on the road and got home at about 11:30 or so. I really miss Michelle and her 26 personalities and am looking forward to another road trip with her that is hopefully in the near future.

So I have had quite the time. I'm back to work now, and it is absolutely insane. Luckily, I only have six weeks and will be on my way to visit some great friends in Colorado, two of which I have yet to meet. PLUS, I have more exciting trips to look forward to this summer, and maybe I'll get back in the game of dating. Hmmmmm! Working up the courage right now.......

1 comment:

Hoffman Family said...

looks like you had a blast! I am a little envious!! Okay maybe more than a little!

Background