Sunday, March 2, 2014

February's Happenings

February was quite full and overwhelming. It's so nice to have it behind me, and I'm quite happy to have March here now. It's even more special because I am now off track and getting ready to go on a great trip.

The month began with Stake Conference February 1 and 2 with Elder Nelson. It was quite a treat. See The Strength of the Brethren post.

I didn't keep with the tradition of watching Groundhog Day this year, but I did keep with the tradition of making a treat.



This month's nail design.



The girls performed in Thoroughly Modern Millie, and this performance was really great. I was able to attend twice and enjoyed watching the girls shine.

For one of our YW activities I was able to go ice skating outside at the Gallivan Center. This was the first time I've ice skated outside, and it's been quite a while since I've been ice skating. It took a bit to catch on, but I had an enjoyable time.

I gave my student an assignment to write a letter to someone in the school community expressing appreciation. Here are just two letters that I received that put a smile on my face.




I was very well taken care of for Valentine's Day despite not having a significant other. My parents gave me some fun Disney pajamas, a fun Disney cookie kit, chocolate, and a card. My dad gave me a super cuddly blanket. A friend, Leonee, left a rose and card by my car. What a great surprise. Then, my students took great care of me.





I taught a lesson on February 16 on why the choices I make matter. I was pretty happy about the handout I came up with.



I booked a Disney Cruise on February 18 after just talking about in 6 days earlier as a friend and I had decided we needed a get away. I'm soooo excited to go!



I had my twentieth set of parent conferences and survived. They went pretty well. I had one parent tell me something to the effect, "Thank you for being who you are. It's exactly what he needs right now." That was refreshing to receive a compliment.

February 21 brought a great surprise at work. I was in the hall organizing my kids. I look down the hall to see Carter. It was such a treat to have him visit me with Mom and Jess. I absolutely love this little guy.



Grandpa Hincks had a milestone birthday, 75.

I attended a concert for Jody and Julia. These girls are so talented.

There is no way the month would've been complete without Carter time.



No comments:

Background