I began a doctrine of the hymns institute class this month. Although I am pretty much the oldest one in there besides the teacher, I am thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to learn doctrines of the gospel. I leave feeling better each week.
We celebrated Jody's 14th birthday on January 4. This year was her golden birthday as she turned 14 on 1/14/14. We enjoyed a nice dinner, fun games, and cake and ice cream. It is crazy to think that she is now 14. I remember that Josiah called her Nana when she is born. She has grown up to overcome trials and struggles and seems to have found herself and a good solid spot in the game of life. I love you Jody!
| The "Catching Fire" Birthday cake that I made Jody |
We had the opportunity of watching the cutest little boy, my nephew, Carter from January 15-20 while my brother and sister in law were in Hawaii. It gave me just a small glimpse of the work and even better, the great joys that come from selfless service associated with motherhood. I look forward to the day that I have this wonderful blessing in my life. I was very sad to see Carter leave. He is such a joy to have around.
My cute twin cousins turned 7 on January 17.
My cousin, Sharlee, welcomed an addition to her family, JaiseAnn on January 18. She is a cutie.
I attended a Stake Relief Society activity with a focus on the Atonement.
I had one date which included dinner, a University of Utah gymnastics tournament, Jamba Juice, and some time to catch up with a friend that I haven't seen for a very long time.
I had my first eye appointment after some encouragement from Mom and Jess. I found out that my vision is 20/30, and I need to get glasses to wear on as an as needed basis (grading papers, working on the computer, night driving).
I attended the temple this past Friday evening with Mom to do a session. We were blessed to view the second new video of which I was very grateful for the added perspective that it provided.






No comments:
Post a Comment