Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm It!


So my cousin is a pretty dedicated blogger.  To support her, I accepted her tagging challenge.  She listed 8 questions that she wanted me to answer.  So here we go...

Is there any one principle that you think all people should live their lives by? If yes-what?
I believe if everyone was truly honest that most of the problems in the world would be resolved.  How would it be if we could go back in time to when a person's word was as good as a legal document.  As a teacher, I find one of my biggest disappointment to be that of dishonest kids.  If we could all be honest, it would solve the issues of disrespect, doubt, and fear.

What is the most indulgent thing you do in your week?
Wow, that's a tough one.  I'm not one to really take time for myself.  In fact, one of my goals this year was to do something enjoyable once a week.  I have not been 100% successful in this effort and am trying to remember to make this a priority as I believe this will bring more of a healthy balance to my life.  Does doing Satin Hands on Sunday nights count?  I know, it's lame...I'll work on it.

Which one event in your life has had the most impact?
I would have to say a break up.  I knew/dated a guy for about four years.  He decided  he wanted to take a break at the beginning of January.  Then, about six weeks later I found out from his cousin that he was engaged.  That was tough.  Since then, I have discovered that as hard as that was, I can do it.  I realize that with the help of my Heavenly Father, I can make it through all things.  And, oh, how much sweeter will it be to find my eternal companion.


What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
This year, I had a parent of two of my past students nominate me for a teacher award on a Utah radio station.  I received the award in February.  The award included a overnight stay at Anniversary Inn, season tickets to Hale Center Theater, a gift certificate to the Roof (a really nice restaurant on Temple Square in Salt Lake City), and an invitation for two to a banquet dinner.  I took my mom with me this past Tuesday where we had 
yummy food and received more prizes to include vouchers for chocolate, pizza, Utah symphony, Scarlet Pimpernel (hopefully)....PLUS, I got a raffle prize of a night in Heber with horseback riding. I'm super excited!

You have to give a ten minute speech at a high school, what is it about?
I would express the importance of living in the moment.  I would share with them that life goes way too quickly.  It's important to take time to enjoy the here and now.  The college years and the time ahead will bring some of the greatest lessons and most memorable events.  Enjoy them!

What drives you every day?
My testimony of Jesus Christ and membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is my foundation in this life and is the one thing that I count on to give me purpose and direction in this life.  

What talent(s) do you wish you had?
I wish I could take time on a regular basis to relax and not stress so much.

What do you like most about yourself?
I like that I am driven to find ways to better myself.  


As I don't know who really reads my blog, I am tagging YOU!  If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave it as a comment or email me. Here are YOUR 8 questions:
  1. What was your favorite childhood toy?
  2. What is the best gift you remember giving someone?
  3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  4. What is your earliest memory?
  5. If you could have one hour with anyone (living or dead), who would it be?  What would you do or ask him/her?
  6. What is the one item in your life you couldn't live without?
  7. What's the farthest distance you've traveled in a car?
  8. Where is one place you can go to escape the worries of life?

No comments:

Background