Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Outstandingness of October....

I had NO idea that I would be able to make it to Disneyland for the Halloween set up until the week prior to leaving, when my friend, Jen called to see if I was up to it.  What made her think I wouldn't say yes?  :)  I was ecstatic.  We were out for Fall break.  So we left on Thursday and drove to Vegas to spend the night.  We woke up the next morning to drive the rest of the way to California to go to California Adventure for the day.  We even got to see the World of Color show that evening which is quite the sight to see.  I love it.  And as you can see, I made it on the Tower of Terror and look absolutely terrified.  At least, it gives others a good laugh.


We spent Saturday at Disneyland.  Oh, how I love it at Halloween.  It truly is one of the places that I can escape from life's stresses and worries.  It's magical that way!  Lines were long, and the park was busy, but we made use of fast passes and still managed to have a great time despite how hard it might be to believe.  :)


We woke up on Sunday to make the long trek back home to reality.  Thank you again Jen for making it possible for me to run away to my happy place for a bit in order to be able to take on the "world" again.  :)

Back at home, we have had two visitors this month, two different Flat Stanleys from our twin cousins, Gunnar and Grayson.  My mom did a great job of making sure they had a good time while here in Utah.  I tagged along for two adventures, the introduction of fry sauce at Arctic Circle and the witch hunt at Gardner Village.  Thanks for visiting us, and may you make it safely back to Idaho.

I decided to reuse my Alice costume for work this year in order to save some money.  

As far as my health goes....well, my doctor had me tested for Celiac and that came back negative.  The next thing was a stress echo (spelling?) with a bubble test to see if I have a hole in my heart.  Luckily, Mom went with me, and I did find out that I have a hole in my heart.  The guy that did the hour and a half test (he was pretty cute by the way) used to work at Cottonwood hospital and seemed knowledgeable said that I am more likely to have a stroke and should start taking aspirin daily.  Then, we spent maybe 15 minutes with the doctor who said it was nothing to worry about unless I started showing other neurological problems.  I really was okay about it until I started thinking about it and really not sure what it all meant.  I spent some time crying about it that night over uneasiness and wondering if this means I'll just be tired the rest of my life.  Luckily, I do have an appointment with my regular doctor Thursday and am really hoping for some reassurance. 

1 comment:

Janelle! said...

OH, wow, Jen!! I'm glad it's not Celiac, but I hope this isn't worse! Glad you had a fun getaway in Disneyland! Woo hoo!!! :) I'm sorry you have been so tired. I hope that your doctors have some good suggestions. Taking Asprin every day? There has to be a better solution! I would get a 2nd opinion. :) Love you, girl!

Background