Well, the new year has continued to bring me great challenges and difficulties. On January 2, Dallas decided we needed to take a break after knowing each other for just over 4 years and not feeling marriage was right. I took this to mean that things could still work out and really wanted them to. I began going to a singles' ward (which I thought I would never do), strengthened other friendships, and focused on finishing my Masters. I felt I was doing good as I tried not to focus on the "break" too much. Then, I found out Tuesday, February 23, that he is engaged and getting married in May. We had just broken up seven weeks earlier. Wow, that was a really shock! I began questioning myself and the time we had spent together. Luckily, I have had some great support from some wonderful friends. Dallas reminded me that he did cherish all the time we spent together and his relationship with me bettered him, but still. Well, I am working on realizing that we go through everything for some reason or another and that the last four years was not a waste, but meant to be. I look forward to the day that I can look back at this and see why. If you respond at all, please don't bash....trust me I have my moments of anger, sadness, understanding, confusion, and about another 20 different emotions....but bashing doesn't help me right now. Thank you to all those who are there for me right now. It's a tough time, but I'm slowly making it through to the other end.
2 comments:
Jen-
I did get your e-mail. I'm sorry about the phone number change. And I'm so sorry I wasn't around for you to talk to during this crazy time. I will try calling you tomorrow. You are strong. Take comfort in the fact that the Lord is very aware of what is happening in your life and he wants the best for you. Most of the time I fight the things that are "best" for me and it takes a lot of kicking and fighting to realize it is way better in the end.
I'm thinking of you and hope things just get better from here.
Post a Comment