Sunday, September 13, 2009

"I'll go inside some day"

WOW! It's been a while since I blogged last....so let's see what I can remember. It has been an extremely busy last month and a half. I took an important test for my Masters the end of July and passed. I was actually worried I might not because there were items on the test that I hadn't prepared for. Then, the first three weeks of August I completed 142 interning as an assistant principal at an elementary school (some times working ten hour days). I was able to work with a wonderful principal who made the experience worthwhile. I actually even suspended a kid. Interesting! I had one day off before beginning work at my school. We did a ropes course as a staff which was fun and had a couple of really good trainings. I only had three and a half days to set up my whole classroom. I got it done, but it was quite stressful. Luckily, I had some help from some special people. School started on August 26 and has been quite the adventure. I feel behind by at least a week because of spending my Summer working on my Masters. Oh well! The principal I work for is amazing. She actually came to me on Friday to tell me that a parent came into the office and said how much she loved me as a teacher. I didn't realize principals could deliver good news.... :) Last Tuesday, I began my internship at the middle school level. I go in from 7-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays to intern and then I'm off to my job till 4:20. It makes for long days, but it's doable. The principal seems like he'll be good to work with. Well, for the big news...yesterday was my "I'll go inside some day" and was able to take my endowments out at the Salt Lake Temple. It is a gorgeous temple. My mom was my escort. Dallas was able to attend along with a few special friends. It was a very peaceful day, but I realize I'll need to go back often to learn more. I am so grateful to be a member of the only true church. It is a great blessing and strength. As I face tough days, I realize that I can push on with the strength of the Spirit. Well, I love you all and hope all is well for you.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Congratulations! What an exciting thing. If you ever want someone to go with, let me know. It is nice to go through with people I think.
Sounds like things are busy, but all the hard work will pay off, I am sure!

Nicole said...

You've had a very busy and full life lately!!!
I am so sad I missed your big day...I really wanted to be there.

Miss you. I'll get in touch with you soon.

Background