Sunday, May 4, 2014

April's Happenings

What a month! It has been a month to celebrate miracles. Most of which will be shared below.

We celebrated the soon arrival of Lucy on April 5 with a baby shower for Jess and Lucy. The theme was I Love Lucy with plenty of hearts, polka dots, red and blue. It was a great success as Jess had many friends and family come out to support her in celebrating her little miracle that would soon be here.


























And of course, the month wouldn't be complete without some pictures of Mr. Handsome!








Here are the Easter desserts I made for the occassion. 



Here is a tutu I made for Lucy.


April 28: Happy Birthday Uncle Levi!


So Monday, April 28 brought news that Jess would be induced due to health concerns surrounding high blood pressure. She and Greg headed to the hospital to be induced at 8:00 pm.
The next morning Mom and I headed to the hospital to be there at around 8:00 am. It was a super long day, and there was a point that we were thinking that this would go into the next day. This had me a little worried as I really wanted to be there for Lucy's arrival. I finally came to the conclusion that I would take a no pay day as I was out of personal days and a deduction of $300 would be worth it to see this miracle baby. Well, lo and behold, Miss Lucy had a plan all of her own. Dad aka Grandpa came out to tell us that she started pushing at 7:00 pm, and Lucy made her arrival at 7:12 pm. Her physical nature is tiny as she last weighed in at 14 pounds and 13 ounces measuring 17.5 inches long, but her spiritual nature is that of sweetness and strength.

Getting ready....






Some good ole waiting room pictures.












In the room....



She's here!!!!



I got to hold a miracle!


Some other pictures of Little Lucy!










  
This month's nail design.

No comments:

Background